Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adelaide_bound

SMP some closed professions as of 21/2/11

Guest Adelaide_bound

Announced yesterday, some professions are now closed for the SA SMP:

"Please note: On the 21st of February, the following occupations were removed from South Australia’s Migration List (SSML):

• 221112 - Management Accountant
    • 232412 - Illustrator
    • 233612 - Petroleum Engineer
    • 272511- Social Worker
    • 331213 – Joiner
    • 411213 - Dental Technician"

from State Migration Plan South Australia :: Make The Move

Guest gill and ian

Thats really helpful. Thanks. Thankfully electrician is not there.

Guest Adelaide_bound

Should probably add - really sorry if anyone's profession is on there - I just wanted to get the info out there to save people a headache of applying asap :sad:

Guest pandv_2000

Thanks for the information. I was going to apply as Management Accountant so looks like its a 175 visa for us and playing the waiting game.

Guest Adelaide_bound
    Thanks for the information. I was going to apply as Management Accountant so looks like its a 175 visa for us and playing the waiting game.

So sorry :( But doesn't the immigration year run July-June, so there should be a new quota released in July this year (with the points change)?

Guest pandv_2000

It's not the end of the world - I was undecided whether to apply as Finance Manager or Management Accountant anyway. Finance Manager is not on the SOL so I couldn't use this if I had to apply for a 175 visa. This has made my mind up to apply for a 175 as Management Accountant rather than risk Finance Manager no longer being available on the SMP. Things are starting to move now for the 175 visas so hopefully we won't be waiting forever but we have the house to sell etc first anyway.

Guest Adelaide_bound
    It's not the end of the world - I was undecided whether to apply as Finance Manager or Management Accountant anyway. Finance Manager is not on the SOL so I couldn't use this if I had to apply for a 175 visa. This has made my mind up to apply for a 175 as Management Accountant rather than risk Finance Manager no longer being available on the SMP. Things are starting to move now for the 175 visas so hopefully we won't be waiting forever but we have the house to sell etc first anyway.

Everything for a reason then is panning out perhaps? Hope it does all go best for you :)