Guest Kat+Rocco

Nurse needing help!!!:confused:

Guest Kat+Rocco

Ok hello my name is Kelly I am a childrens nurse and looking at moving out to Adelaide as soon as humanly possible with my husband and daughter.

I have decided to go ahead without the help of a migration agency......but I'm getting so confused I could cry :cry: please can someone help.

I have established that I no longer need to complete IELTS as I was both taught and assessed my secondary and nursing education in English.

I have printed off the AGEN - 04 form from the Nursing and midwifery board of Australia I assume this is connected to APHRA??!! As I got to it through the APHRA website. Now I am collecting all the necessary documentation including

- Transcript from Uni

- Letter from my line manager/HR manager ( told my boss last week we are wanting to emigrate)

I've spoken to HR in the Women and Childrens hospital Adelaide and they want my CV and covering letter but thought I should get my registration application in 1st. Apparently the hospital will then once offered job assist me with my visa application ( is this correct):nah:

Am I doing this right? In the right order, is their something I should have done first?

Guest fluxsta

Yes, yes and yes! sounds to me like you are well on the ball. We have just returned from recce and it is an amzing place. the form you filled is connected with ahpra, just triple check that when you send all inf is present, signed and correct! good luck

Guest Kat+Rocco

Thanks so much I feel at ease already just wanted someone to tell me I was doing it right!

Where abouts are you looking at working?

Guest donna888
    Ok hello my name is Kelly I am a childrens nurse and looking at moving out to Adelaide as soon as humanly possible with my husband and daughter.

I have decided to go ahead without the help of a migration agency......but I'm getting so confused I could cry :cry: please can someone help.

I have established that I no longer need to complete IELTS as I was both taught and assessed my secondary and nursing education in English.

I have printed off the AGEN - 04 form from the Nursing and midwifery board of Australia I assume this is connected to APHRA??!! As I got to it through the APHRA website. Now I am collecting all the necessary documentation including

- Transcript from Uni

- Letter from my line manager/HR manager ( told my boss last week we are wanting to emigrate)

I've spoken to HR in the Women and Childrens hospital Adelaide and they want my CV and covering letter but thought I should get my registration application in 1st. Apparently the hospital will then once offered job assist me with my visa application ( is this correct):nah:

Am I doing this right? In the right order, is their something I should have done first?

Hi Kelly

well done on being so organised!! I am due to sit ielts on saturday (dreading it!!). How do u know u don't have to sit it as it is stated on ahpra criteria?? Would be great if true!

Donna

Guest sarahtwinn82

You will need IELTS to register as a nurse in Oz. It's part of the criteria. I too am English born bread and eduated but I still had to do it.

IELTs is mandatory for nurses from overseas, as part of the migration process........your uni transcript confirms you where taught in english ( as are indian, south african chinese etc.nurses!), and that the curriculum conforms to standards ( which, imo it excells the aussie standard!) To pass you need a score of 7, which a few aussies havent managed, according to news reports!! Good luck with that.

Registration process, like the UK, can take upwards of 12 weeks...............but you can have a job offer PRIOR to this, which really helps the case!

Prepp requirements also apply.

Sadly the IELTS is another bloody money making ruse and it gives me the sh**s, but thats life!!

Look, you're doing great guns, wish id ben that organised...............and ive been here 2 1/2 years!!

Guest fluxsta

Please see my post about ahpra! Have just returned from the office in Adelaide. Submitted reg forms in person. Ielts IS NOT needed by ahpra! Trust me, I saw them in person at the offices! Maybe for pr visa, but not ahpra....fact

Guest fluxsta

It's not stated on ahpra. Merely that secondary ed is taught in English. I sat it and passed, but will use for immigration not nurse reg. Good luck anyway

Guest Kat+Rocco
    It's not stated on ahpra. Merely that secondary ed is taught in English. I sat it and passed, but will use for immigration not nurse reg. Good luck anyway

Does that mean that I need IELTS for visa then??

Look at this link explains that IELTS not needed for registration

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD10%2f2973&dbid=AP&chksum=V0s%2fHNhfyhc9DhgkNh1RyA%3d%3d

Hope that helps:cute:

Guest fluxsta

Hiya, all confusing I know! Cannot comment on the visa situation. we are going on 457. not sure if you need it for 175 permanent visa. Once we are in Oz on 457 we will change the visa to permanent, can't remember the class (think it is 885/887?) as the 175 is ONLY if you aren't in Oz. So, as far as the IELTS for visa i am not sure.

If you have already paid for the IELTS then you may as well sit it? get it out the way in case you need it.

Guest fluxsta

Hiya, you have probably already established from reading here that IELTS isn't needed for AHPRA, but I just wanted ot wish you good luck! I found it ok, just the listening part I struggled with. The speaking is a breeze.....

Cheers

:biglaugh:

Hi Kelly

well done on being so organised!! I am due to sit ielts on saturday (dreading it!!). How do u know u don't have to sit it as it is stated on ahpra criteria?? Would be great if true!

Donna

The IELTS may not be required for AHPRA but it is for the ANMC full skills assessment and 176 visa application. If you are short on points, it gives you an extra 5, so well worth it then! All the best, it all takes time and patience:)

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

HI

I came here on a 457 visa, then transferred to a state sponsored, can;t remember the exact type, but I didn't sit the IELTS or whatever it is for either visa or my registration. However, i was registered with the state of SA ebfore aphra began, so maybe that effects things. This was meant to be helpful but its probably gonna confuse you more. Sorry if thats the case.

Sarah

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi, my name is Stephanie, I too am a neonatal nurse here in England at the moment. Unfortunately you do need to sit the academic IELTS test at a cost of £120. I am trained here too in England but you still have to sit it to get your skills assessed. You have to score 7 or more in each section as well as an overall score of 7 or more. You can not get your skills assessed without it.

I too av spoken to the Womens & Childrens Hospital for their neonatal unit and had a lovely reply from a lady called Pauline.

Have a look into it as you need your IELTS certificate for state sponsor too. I have currently passed my IELTS and had a positive skills assessment certificate. we are just in the process of applying for state sponsor.

If you need any help let me know,

Steph

Sorry to be bearer of bad news.