The famous Cornish Pasty!

Guest WhatNow?

Guest cornish Busdriver

This might sound a bit like "get ya head out ya butt me Ansome" but im glad its happend.

Cornish people are very proud of there pasties and get disheartend buy the horrible tasteless stodgey crap others try to pass off being Cornish.

Now just gotta get Guinsters to take the word Cornish off there poor excuses for a pastie.

But gotta admit doing things like this can go a bit far and become a bit stupid in the end.

Kernow Bys Vyken

Guest needtogonow

Nothing beats a traditional proper cornish oggie.

I agree that Ginsters pasties are horrible but where does that leave Ivor Dewdneys cornish pasties which are made in Plymouth.

Cornish saffron cake....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now there is something I miss! and real cornish clotted cream ice cream......

The crap that is pawned off as being a cornish pasty is outrageous. I think making it protected is going too far, but maybe a particular recipe should be follwed to call in a "cornish pasty" and not just a meat pasty.

I'm Cornish and proud!

Hehehehehe. That made me giggle. Hubby says that still even after 5 years plus here now. He sounds totally English in every other way but saying that word. O and Dolmio, the sauce in a jar.

I remember when they first started selling Dolmio. The adverts would go on about how Italian it was - and then up on screen would pop "made in Holland". I don't know where it's made now - they just seem to say EU - but I suspect it's still as authentically Italian as ever!

• 1 year later...

Well, just be glad that here in Australia, they haven't introduced the pastie tax. Yet. No, it is not an April Fool.

I kid you not. I read it in the AFR today.

"Barely a week after the Chancellor decided to slap VAT on baked goods sold as hot takeaway food, including pies and Cornish pasties, Mr Whelan has sold his Wigan-based Pooles Pies for £5m."

http://afr.com/p/world/angry_brits_find_pastie_tax_unsavoury_ULGpriRoErFNbildtfYCtL

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/9177363/Pasty-tax-JJB-Sports-founder-Dave-Whelan-sells-Pooles-Pies-for-5m.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/4230689/Flying-start-for-Save-Our-Savouries-petition.html (very tasty)

(eeeeh, Greggs...right good wi' Greenhalghs and Parkies of Leyland too mate :) )

Guest Barney Rubble
But it's ok because the ones sold here are called cornish parrrrrrsties....

That is so funny, was at the footy several years ago & was told there was no r in pasty, I told them they didn't have any f&$!#+ing meat in them either so shouldn't be called Cornish anyway :-p

Guest moonraker1959

Moonta holds a great cornish fesitval every year(parents used to live there)and it would'nt be Moonta without the pasty!Nice they are too I might add!