Guest VickiM

Migration Bureau...

Guest VickiM

Hi,

Has anyone used the Migration Bureau to apply for visas to Oz?

I found a thread on here in which someone had bad things to say about them, and sent the user a PM - you couldn't resend it to me please, could you?

We paid them £950 last week and I have a really nasty feeling that they are not kosher. We were supposed to receive a call from our newly assigned case handler yesterday; they didn't call, so I've just rung the head office and have been treated as though I have the plague! The guy was really vague and said that apparently the case handler is in New Zealand and they are having to move offices because of the earthquake (fair enough) BUT then he changed his story a bit ...

If I have been conned I need someone to tell me NOW please, so I can get on to the credit card company and start claiming back my £950...!

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me ...

Vicki

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi Vicky, Sorry, we've not heard of them but really hope you manage to sort things out. We are using Ian Harrop and would fully recommend him.

Guest VickiM

Thank you :) I emailed Migration Bureau earlier in a bit of a flap and they called me back very quickly. Turns out that their head office in Christchurch was evacuated on Tuesday; the building next door actually collapsed and the lady who was in the process of being assigned as our case officer has lost her home in the quake :sad: All credit to them, they have reassigned us two new case officers and it is all systems go. I actually feel quite cross with myself for having bothered them!

I did ring Ian as suggested, so if it all goes pear-shaped we will appoint him instead - thanks for recommending him (he's come up a few times on this forum and others).

Mutley - I notice you've only just appointed a case officer even though your visa has been granted; would you care to elaborate? Or tell me to butt out (isn't that what the Aussies say?) if I'm being too nosey...

I know it was only a few years ago but pretty sure used the Migration bureau and they were really helpful as my husband had to get a lot of job references.

Hope you get things sorted out.

Michelle

Guest MutleyCrew
    Thank you :) I emailed Migration Bureau earlier in a bit of a flap and they called me back very quickly. Turns out that their head office in Christchurch was evacuated on Tuesday; the building next door actually collapsed and the lady who was in the process of being assigned as our case officer has lost her home in the quake :sad: All credit to them, they have reassigned us two new case officers and it is all systems go. I actually feel quite cross with myself for having bothered them!

I did ring Ian as suggested, so if it all goes pear-shaped we will appoint him instead - thanks for recommending him (he's come up a few times on this forum and others).

Mutley - I notice you've only just appointed a case officer even though your visa has been granted; would you care to elaborate? Or tell me to butt out (isn't that what the Aussies say?) if I'm being too nosey...

Hi Vicki, No, we haven't been granted a visa yet but we had a case officer from DIAC appointed to finalise the application. So, all being well post meds and police checks we should hopefully have our visa granted in the not too distant future. Glad to hear everything is kosher and wish you well with the process. Good luck.