Guest Westies

East or West Suburbs??

Guest Westies

Hi all

We're new to the site but arrived in June last year and currently living in NW Suburbs

We're lookong to move in a few months to either the Henley/Grange area or to the east suburbs around Norwood or Kensington. Just wondering if there is anyone around those areas who could give us a better idea or maybe meet up for a chat.

We're originally from the Epping Forest area in the UK and both accountants:arghh: (don't think that we're dull ones?!) Hubby is into his cycling & windsurfing big time, We also have a 2yo daughter who loves her activities!!

Any feedback appreciated

The Westies

Both lovely areas. Depends I guess on which of your husband's hobbies he prefers - and whether he likes hilly cycling or flat! If Windsurfing is the favourite and he likes road riding on flattish terrain, go West, if he likes cyling up hills, down dales, and a quick jaunt up to Norton Summit and back before work in the morning, then East is good! From either Norwood or Henley he can hop on his bike into the city for work. I think the nightlife, cafes and restaurants of Norwood might just edge out those of Henley, but it's close, and you get more locals out and about, less tourists!

Hi

As Diane said both areas are lovely -

I live in Stonyfell not far from norwood and I spend a lot of time there - shopping and going out in the evenings!

Schools are great here (both private and public)

Gorgeous houses(if you are into the old type) great wide roads which are tree lined!

If I could afford a house that was big enough for my business(Family Daycare Provider) I would definitely choose Norwood.....

PM me if you would like to meet up!

Happy searching

Fiona

Guest lollipopleanne

Hi westies

My family and I have also been here for just over a year when we moved across for my oh's job with SAPOL.

We live in henely and LOVE it! So much to do and see and the schools are fab.

Your hubby would love the location for his windsurfin and also only a 20 min trip up to lofty etc for mountain biking etc.

I also have a little girl who is comin up to one yr old and Miss Sarah is ten year old,

Anyway if you want to get in touch just PM me

Leanne

Hi Westies, welcome to the site - I'm new to it myself! I'm from the East London-Essex borders also, not too far from you. Hope you're enjoying your new life Down Under! Louise

Guest leeannekays

Hi All, Its great reading all your posts to learn abt the areas from you actually living there and not just from books.

We have 2 young childen, Callum 5 and Emily 3 so its so important for us to find areas with nice schools.

Guest Westies

Hi Louise

Which part of the borders are you from and where are you now??

I'm from Gants Hill - now I live in Port Lincoln - bit of a change!!!

I may possibly be moving to Adelaide though as there are not too many job options here. Just weighing everything up!

Guest Leigh&Kylie

Hi there, this is my first post. I thought I might be able to help as I was born in Helnley but my fiance and I own a property in Bridgewater (even though we now live in London...... temporarily;)).

If hubby likes to road cycle, Henley/Glenelg is a good option for regular weekend rides, there are clubs which used to go past our front door every Saturday morning, and the beach from Henley all the way to Marino rocks is awesome for winsurfing. The drive in to town on Henley Beach Rd/Grange Rd is terrible in the morning too, but there are train links from Grange. Has good shops and cafes and good schools too, although we found some western areas were starting to get a bit rough. ....

So we made the move to Bridgewater. As a Westie myself, I love the beach, but the eastern suburbs (Adelaide Hills) offers something else. Its quiet, you get space, good schools, there is a brilliant little primary school in Bridgewater. 20 mins in to the city and Norwood, 5 mins to Stirling, if hubby likes Mountain Biking (as I do) theres Eagle on the Hill Mountian Bike Park. Our parents now live in Dover Gardens, which is near the beach and it only took us 45 mins to get there (via the back route) if we need the beach.....

Ahhh I do miss my little town......

I dont think you could go wrong with either. Its a good dilemma to have....:)

Guest Clarky
    Hi all

We're new to the site but arrived in June last year and currently living in NW Suburbs

We're lookong to move in a few months to either the Henley/Grange area or to the east suburbs around Norwood or Kensington. Just wondering if there is anyone around those areas who could give us a better idea or maybe meet up for a chat.

We're originally from the Epping Forest area in the UK and both accountants:arghh: (don't think that we're dull ones?!) Hubby is into his cycling & windsurfing big time, We also have a 2yo daughter who loves her activities!!

Any feedback appreciated

The Westies

Hi

Bit late I know but have just seen your post. We are due to arrive in August and are from Chelmsford- not that far from Epping.

I'm also an accountant and also not dull :jiggy:. Was wondering, did you find it difficult to find work? Its my biggest concern now, everything else is sorted.

I've looked on the usual jobsites, career one and seek etc, but am a bit sceptical - as you probably know, half of them are made up in the uk.....

Any feedback gratefully recieved

Cheers and hope you're enjoying it all

Trish