Mortgages

Guest LizzieL

Guest LizzieL

Hi all

We've finally managed to buy a house here, and I have to thank Andy and Stacey Williams at Vista Financial Services for all their fantastic work for us. Even our hard-nosed estate agent commented how good they were.

It takes a while to get your head around the house buying process here, and our situation wasn't straightforward. I was constantly on the phone with questions, and nothing was too much trouble for Stacey. They were professional, energetic and a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks guys!

Hi all

We've finally managed to buy a house here, and I have to thank Andy and Stacey Williams at Vista Financial Services for all their fantastic work for us. Even our hard-nosed estate agent commented how good they were.

It takes a while to get your head around the house buying process here, and our situation wasn't straightforward. I was constantly on the phone with questions, and nothing was too much trouble for Stacey. They were professional, energetic and a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for your kinds words, we really appreciate it and it was a pleasure to assist.

:)

Andy

Guest willow1234

hi there lizziel, hope you dont mind me asking this question ? but did you have to submit 2years of tax books before you can get a morgage ? we are looking into it at the moment and have been lead to believe this.... sorry if its too personal. thanks deb.

hi there lizziel, hope you dont mind me asking this question ? but did you have to submit 2years of tax books before you can get a morgage ? we are looking into it at the moment and have been lead to believe this.... sorry if its too personal. thanks deb.

Hi Deb

That will depend on how much deposit you have and a few other factors.

Andy

Guest LizzieL

Hi Deb

No, fine to ask. We didn't to do that, but probably worth getting some good advice, each situation seems to present its own individual challenges!

Good luck with it.

Hi all

Thanks guys!

I agree, they are fantastic and have managed to move my pensions over here which required a great deal of badgering from Stacey. I am always cautious of anyone in finance but personally recommend them.

Cooler

Guest Daisy Duke

Hi Guys!,

Does anyone know the answer to this question? Do you have to be a PR to get a mortgage? We are going on a 457 visa initially and wondered how this works?

Would appreciate any info and advice.

Sara

:daydreaming:

Guest shella_n
Hi Guys!,

Does anyone know the answer to this question? Do you have to be a PR to get a mortgage? We are going on a 457 visa initially and wondered how this works?

Sara

im pretty sure you are not allowed to buy property when you are on a 457 (mortgage or not) we are waiting for our PR to come through so that we cna buy somewhere

Guest Mitchell
im pretty sure you are not allowed to buy property when you are on a 457 (mortgage or not) we are waiting for our PR to come through so that we cna buy somewhere

You can buy property on a temp visa or even if you don't live here what I think you're referring to is you can't get certain loans including mortgages is you're temp.

Guest shella_n
You can buy property on a temp visa or even if you don't live here what I think you're referring to is you can't get certain loans including mortgages is you're temp.

ooh! I thought they changed the rules last year so that only residents could buy? oh well, doesnt really make much difference to our case cause we neeed a mortgage :arghh:.

Getting so frustrated at the moment as my husbands work promised us permanent sponsorhsip over 2 months ago and the crappe woman there who is dealing with it is takign sooooo long and we are having to postpone all our plans - including buying a house.

Hi Guys!,

Sara

ooh! I thought they changed the rules last year so that only residents could buy? oh well, doesnt really make much difference to our case cause we neeed a mortgage :arghh:.

Getting so frustrated at the moment as my husbands work promised us permanent sponsorhsip over 2 months ago and the crappe woman there who is dealing with it is takign sooooo long and we are having to postpone all our plans - including buying a house.

Hi Sara and Shella

Just to clarify, you can buy property in Australia as temporary residents, if you are going to be living in the property as your home then there is pretty much no stipulations however if you want to purchase a property for an investment then there are certain properties only allowable.

In any event you will need to apply to the Forign Investment Review Board (FIRB) for permission to buy. If the house is to be the main place of residence then it is generally a tick box exercise to gain permission.

On the mortgage front, temporary residents can get mortgages, generally they will need a 20% deposit as lenders are limited to lending 80% to temporary residents however if you have this deposit then temporary residents are considered.

Just be aware a temporary resident will not be eligible for the First Home Owners Grants, however if PR is obtained within 12 months they can be claimed retrospectively.

Regards

Andy

Guest shella_n
Hi Sara and Shella

Just to clarify, you can buy property in Australia as temporary residents, if you are going to be living in the property as your home then there is pretty much no stipulations however if you want to purchase a property for an investment then there are certain properties only allowable.

In any event you will need to apply to the Forign Investment Review Board (FIRB) for permission to buy. If the house is to be the main place of residence then it is generally a tick box exercise to gain permission.

On the mortgage front, temporary residents can get mortgages, generally they will need a 20% deposit as lenders are limited to lending 80% to temporary residents however if you have this deposit then temporary residents are considered.

Just be aware a temporary resident will not be eligible for the First Home Owners Grants, however if PR is obtained within 12 months they can be claimed retrospectively.

Regards

Andy

wow ....that is very very interestiing ......thank you so much. :notworthy:

That changes things for us then - we could mabye buy rather than move to another rental and then buy oooh very exciting!

Andy - do you deal with mortgages as we would need someone to help us with that - i have absolutely no idea how much we could loan etc?

Michelle

Guest shella_n
Hi Michelle

Certainly do, feel free to get in touch, contact details are in my signature.

Regards

Andy

GREAT! Will definately do that. Thanks