Tmescale for assessing skills

Guest jakeandshelley

Guest jakeandshelley

Hi,

we are in the process of changing our 175 to ss 176. However my skills assessment (primary teacher) expired in nov 2010 so have had to submit a new one. My question is how long is this likely to take? We cant submit our state sponsorship until my skills are assessed, just worried incase teaching is removed from the list. AITSL said it would take 8 weeks but was hoping someone would tell me it took 2 weeks!! (fat chance,lol!!).

Thanks, shelley.;)

Guest Louby Lou

Hi - we applied for a skills assesment in on the 2nd september 2010 and recieved a positive outcome on the 18th november 2010. At the time my occupation wasn't even on a SMP (as they hadn't been released!) so I don't know if that effected the processing time. I have read that people have had a quicker turnaround than that though - I think that it depends on what your occupation is tbh.

I'm in the same boat- Primary teacher- my skills assessment is about to be submitted (just waiting on my degree transcript) then its a stressful waiting game praying that they have a severe shortage of primary teachers and they rust us through the ss and visa sections:biglaugh:!!

Good luck and please let us know how long it takes you to be skills assessed

Thanks

Pixie7

Guest helene73
Hi,

we are in the process of changing our 175 to ss 176. However my skills assessment (primary teacher) expired in nov 2010 so have had to submit a new one. My question is how long is this likely to take? We cant submit our state sponsorship until my skills are assessed, just worried incase teaching is removed from the list. AITSL said it would take 8 weeks but was hoping someone would tell me it took 2 weeks!! (fat chance,lol!!).

Thanks, shelley.;)[/QUOT Thanks for posting this question i was just about to ask that one,I am a hairdresser and mine has just been submitted :) ]Hopeing to get everything in by the 30th june deadline so i hope they hurry up.

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi,

It depends if your skills assessment is through Vetasses or TRA. Ours was through TRA and took 4 weeks, we got it approved just before Christmas. Don't know if the wait times are longer since the SMP's came out though like the state sponsorships.

Good Luck

Cara

Guest karenbonnar

For an IT people reading this. The ACS (Australian Computer Society) say it takes 12 weeks and my partners last year took this long, then a couple of weeks for the letter to physically arrive. He has had to apply again due to the new ANZSCO codes not corresponding for his occupation but thats another rant.

Karen