Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasongd

application steps

Guest jasongd

Hi

After looking at loads and loads of posts, I can see that a lot of people have decided to go the application process alone. I have seen people paying well in ecsess of £10k yhrough an agents help.

I am looking at all the information and it appears straight forward ( I hope)

1 Get skills assessed

2 Apply for state sponsor online

3 apply for 176 Visa

4 Wait

5 wait some more.

Is this the correct process ?

Looking at it we only have till 30th of June then the rules change and without a Degree which I dont have it appers to be hopless.

Can anyone who has completed this process please let me know if they have successfully done this themselves and is it possible to do all of this in such a short time.

Any help would be great

Jason

Guest Mizzmp

Thats pretty much it. The rule changes will leave a lot of people having to work alot harder to get a visa but it depends on the trade.

You should try as soon as poss. See when the next skills test is and book on if poss.

Guest Guest6899

Do you needs an ielts, i think most people do. That can take a while to arrange...

lisa

Guest pixie7

Hi

We're just about to start the process ourselves too. I'm gathering my documents for my skills assessment and I've just completed my IELTS form (just need the photos). For SS I will need my IELTS - don't know your trade but you had better check on the website

Home :: Make The Move

Then have a look at the IETLS website and get booked as the places seem to be going fast!

http://www.ielts.org

Good luck and feel free to ask anything x

Guest Adelaide_bound
    Hi

1 Get skills assessed

2 Apply for state sponsor online

3 apply for 176 Visa

4 Wait

5 wait some more.

Jason

My understanding adds a couple more bits (helpful for budgeting if nothing else), depends if you need the IELTs or not (I only know I do for my profession, as I need at least a level 7 - it will say on the SMP if you need it or not next to your profession (ie IELTs 7.0) - if it doesn't say anything you should be ok with just a UK passport as that gives you an automatic level 6 equivilant).

1 Get skills assessed

2. Sit IELTs test (google ielts and look for centres near you if you need to take it - there are several around me so plenty of dates, if you are more rurall/remote you may be more stuck for test dates - I think most centres sit one exam a month).

3. Get results of both

4. Apply for state sponsor online

5. apply for 176 Visa

6. Wait

7. wait some more.

8. Get assigned CO

9. Get told to go get medicals and Police checks done (costs $$)

10. Decide finally what you are taking/leaving

11. Get quotes for shipping what you are taking/sell what you aren't

12. Get Visas granted

13. Validate visas

14. Register with relevant profession/trade body and do any courses/certs you need Down Under (possibly get license/rego if needed (depends on job - for eg I have to do a couple of 1 day courses and register with the State dept for Education before I can work)).

15. Get on with your life! :D

Guest Mizzmp

Our local college in sussex has an ILETS test every 2 weeks and they have plenty of dates.

If u have a trade ie bricklaying u need to have your skills assessed> That means doing a paper and practical skills test.

What trade are you?

Guest jasongd

Hi

my wife is Hairdresser and I am a Telecoms Engineer.

Thanks