Medicals

Guest fazgallagher

Guest fazgallagher

Medicals bookedfor march 10th and police checks sent off, how did everybody find them and roughly how long from medicals to visa getting granted. house up for sale as we speak............how does turkey taste on a barbie

Medicals not half as bad as you expect - we did ours on 20October and had visa grant on 6 December 2010:D[/QUOT

Hi, what do they actually do?Is it thorough examanation? I know it sounds daft! We got ours 14th march

Christine

Medicals not half as bad as you expect - we did ours on 20October and had visa grant on 6 December 2010:D[/QUOT

Hi, what do they actually do?Is it thorough examanation? I know it sounds daft! We got ours 14th march

Christine

Hi Christine

Yes it is a thorough examination, but not as bad as you think.

Firstly, its check your height, weight, eyesight, do your blood pressure, take blood samples (if you have tattoos you will have to have an HIV test done too), urine sample.

Then we had to strip to our undies - had your spine, hips all joints checked for free movement, touch your toes (get practising now :biglaugh:). Because I'm "a lady of a certain age":huh: I also had to have a breast examination.

Then its chest xrays - there not that bad!!!

Grace my youngest (6) didn't have a chest xray, but Emily (13) did - word of warning, there as Emily was on 10 when we originally applied for our visa so she wasn't on the computer system as requiring an xray, obviously she's now passed the age where she needs one, so doctors had to contact DIAC to get her put onto the system - 24 hour delay, but all fine and sorted.

Took about 2 hours in total, went to the Manchester Clinic (Dr Smith) really nice and helpful, puts you at ease.

Hope this helps

Kim

Hi Christine

Firstly, its check your height, weight, eyesight, do your blood pressure, take blood samples (if you have tattoos you will have to have an HIV test done too), urine sample.

Then we had to strip to our undies - had your spine, hips all joints checked for free movement, touch your toes (get practising now :biglaugh:). Because I'm "a lady of a certain age":huh: I also had to have a breast examination.

Grace my youngest (6) didn't have a chest xray, but Emily (13) did - word of warning, there as Emily was on 10 when we originally applied for our visa so she wasn't on the computer system as requiring an xray, obviously she's now passed the age where she needs one, so doctors had to contact DIAC to get her put onto the system - 24 hour delay, but all fine and sorted.

Took about 2 hours in total, went to the Manchester Clinic (Dr Smith) really nice and helpful, puts you at ease.

Hope this helps

Kim

Hi Kim

Oh my god i feel ill now, we are going to manchester to see Dr.Smith and theres noi way hes giving me a breast examination, the thought of stripping to my undies makes me feel ill!!! I've just turned 40 so hope i dont have 2 have 1, that sounds dodgy to me, our kids are 6yo & 5mth, so they wont need xrays, thanks for that..lol! At least i'm prepared!

Christine

Guest The Waite Family

Christine don't worry Doctor Smith is lovely. He said if you are over 40 you have to have a breast exam so you can't get out of it :( My Hubby was in the room the whole time so it wasn't as bad as it sounds :)

Guest Lynda&Adam

We went on Saturday & yep, it was down to my undies I am afraid, the same for my daughter who is 9 (she wasnt impressed !) we had 2 lady doctors, one was observing, and it was very thorough. I just figure that its worth it when we have come so far, plus they are doctors, I am sure they will have seen a lot worse!!!!

My hubbie and kids were in the room the whole time and as Lynda says - I'm sure they've seen a lot worse! My 13 year old was completely unimpressed at having to strip down to undies too!

I know there seems a lot there, but because there was 4 of us in the room, it went pretty quickly, honestly don't worry about it.

Kim :D

You know, hubby never had to do any of this to get his spouse visa for living here :realmad:

All he had to do was fill out some forms, pay a fee and go take a written test in Cardiff about life in the UK :arghh:

hi,men get it easy anyway there probably not bothered when it comes 2 stripping off!! LoL, plus my youngest is only 5mth its a freakin joke and a money making scam!!

Christine

Guest Crushfamily

Had our medicals today can recommend Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. Really nice people and the cheapest of the three we could have gone to.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fatman

Hi Christine

Hope this helps

Kim

Blimey!! :chatterbox: didn't realise the Meds involved strippind down to undies!! better tell my husband to make sure he wears clean ones on the day!! better still, make sure he actually wears a pair... picture the scene otherwise!!! ha ha ha... our 12 yr old daughter will be very unhappy at the thought of the three of us down to our undies in same room!! better nt tell her! ... Med booked March 25th/Edinburgh....

Graham, Janis & Sophie Price (Aberdeenshire/Scotland... IN THE COLD!!!):skeptical:

Blimey!! didn't realise the Meds involved strippind down to undies!! better tell my husband to make sure he wears clean ones on the day!! better still, make sure he actually wears a pair... picture the scene otherwise!!! ha ha ha... our 12 yr old daughter will be very unhappy at the thought of the three of us down to our undies in same room!! better nt tell her! ... Med booked March 25th/Edinburgh....

Graham, Janis & Sophie Price (Aberdeenshire/Scotland... IN THE COLD!!!)

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Nah commando might not be such a good idea!

No I didn't tell my daughter either as she would have panicked! We went behind a curtain individually so you're daughter wont have to see her dad in his kegs!:shocked:

Good luck for next Friday

It seesm that people have had very differing expereinces when it comes to the meds....

I cant recall having to strip the undies at all....i felt that our neds were very short and sweet...not worth worrying about really....apart from the fact they said i have an enlarged heart which caused alot of hassle onlt to find out a few weeks later that all is normal.

HG

OMG!!! am off to London for our meds on Tuesday...and i never realised you had to strip down to your undies!!! AND a breast examination!!! OMG! Soooo not looking forward to it now, werent anyway, but even less so now!

A very stressed Sarah!

As I understand it they only check your boobs if you are over 40. At least one of the ladies posted here said this. I've not seen women who are younger say they have to have this done, just the older ones (women of a certain age :nah: )

And I have read quite a number of times you are given a medical gown to put on (if not you could always ask for one as tbh no one should expect you to sit in your bra and knicks the entire time. The whole patient keeping their dignity thing they are supposed to subscribe to....

Guest nicandchris

omg cant quite believe that im now considered to be 'of a certain age' when i feel twenty five still!Do they check for cholesterol do you know please?

nic

As I understand it they only check your boobs if you are over 40. At least one of the ladies posted here said this. I've not seen women who are younger say they have to have this done, just the older ones (women of a certain age :nah: )

And I have read quite a number of times you are given a medical gown to put on (if not you could always ask for one as tbh no one should expect you to sit in your bra and knicks the entire time. The whole patient keeping their dignity thing they are supposed to subscribe to....

Guest Guest6899

Hi, iv got this like to a website if its of any use to anybody http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/panel-doctors-instructions.pdf Hubby states he will wear a thong, not a pretty sight!! and for touching his toes does he have a week?? lol. As a nurse im often doing, suppose embarrasing things, the government is very hot on its privacy & dignety so i hope you are not all just standing there or waiting in your underwear. My 15 year old son will be very unconfortable and i think i will too. It does state on the link above about breast examinations for the over 40s. Again, i would hate the though that this was done in view of my family. Im no where near prudish but feel certain things require some privacy.

Lisa

Hi, iv got this like to a website if its of any use to anybody http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/panel-doctors-instructions.pdf Hubby states he will wear a thong, not a pretty sight!! and for touching his toes does he have a week?? lol. As a nurse im often doing, suppose embarrasing things, the government is very hot on its privacy & dignety so i hope you are not all just standing there or waiting in your underwear. My 15 year old son will be very unconfortable and i think i will too. It does state on the link above about breast examinations for the over 40s. Again, i would hate the though that this was done in view of my family. Im no where near prudish but feel certain things require some privacy.

Lisa

Now theres an idea....might get my OH a leopard print thong! I thought the same with that Lisa everyone deserves their privacy. Hope all is well, we are booking our medicals for in a few weeks :cute:

Bev x