Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasongd

Towns half hour drive ????

Guest jasongd

Hi

I am wanting to move to Adelaide but dont want to be in a big city or in a remote area.

I am looking for somewhere with newer type housing, But I have not got a clue about the area. All my study has been on Perth, But with the changes on the rules coming up my wife being a hairdresser State Sponsorship looks the best bet and only SA does this for hair dressing.

Any help would be great

Jason

Guest Mitchell

Hiya Jason

I wouldn't worry too much about the big city bit because Adelaide isn't like that at all. You can live just outside the CBD (city centre) and it's still really quiet. I currently live in Brompton and it's quiet here like living in the suburbs but with everything still close. Transport is great so you can live further out than I do and still have easy access to the city. Look on the metro site to find the tram, rail and bus routes if you're not going to have a car.

Guest mark&rachel

yes dont know the northern suburbs very well but anywhere far south as Seaford would probably do able in just over 30 mins if the expressway is on your side (the expressway is something else) only runs one way but changes.

Aberfoyle Park, Happy Valley and areas round there are all nice and fairly quiet too. As with everything it all depends on money.

Guest m.jephcott

Have a look at Mount Barker, not sure of exact timescales to CBD, but it's a town and lots building going on there at the moment and looks lovely. Not so close to the sea though. Also Stirling and Bridgewater, plus some of the suburbs have a town like feel and are quiet have a look at areas mentioned above as well as Blackwood, hawthorndene, flagstaff hill.

Mawson Lakes also has newer housing and is well located being only about 15 mins from the City, and probably about 20 mins from the coast so worth a look there, or there is Gawler if you fancy a small-town feel - huge development plans for new-builds both there and in Mount Barker which has been mentioned above.

There is a good search facility on the Home2Home website which enables you to search by suburb based on its distance in time from the centre of Adelaide, go to Welcome to the NEW Home2Home website and look at the bottom of the home page for the 'suburbs' link.

This forum also has a good keyword search facility so have a good browse through what people have said about various suburbs to get some ideas, but keep an open mind and don't forget that everyone likes different things, so might be good idea to wait till you actually get here before making any firm and fixed decisions:)

Guest jasongd

Hi

Thanks for all replys,

I totally agree with the comment of waiting till your here before making a decision but I just somewhere to land and rent for a bit then to look for somewhere to rent for a year or so then look for somewhere to buy.

I came over years ago and landed in Melbourne and made a total arse of it as I was poached over the internet and landed in SWANHILL, yep thats right swanhill,,,,,,It put me off Melbourne for life, Now I know Swanhill is not Melbourne but in mine and my wifes memories they are linked, We then travelled upto Kiama NSW, Which is heaven but not enough jobs, Also getting in is easier as my wife is a Hairdresser so state sponsorship is likely and I am a Telecoms Engineer who has moved into sales and been very successfull in the last 5 years,

More chance of a good job with a good income in Adelaide.

Jason