Case Officer at last!!!!!

Guest fatman

Guest fatman

Tues... March 1st 2011

Today we had the news at last CASE OFFICER!!!!

Medicals in Edinburgh this Saturday, hopefully all goes well!!

Everything feeling very real now!!

Visa : 176

State Sponsorship : Feb 2010

Graham :biglaugh: Janis :jiggy: & Sophie (age 12) :daydreaming:(Aberdeenshire/Scotland)

Guest fatman

We are going to Edinburgh for Medicals on Saturday!

I am a little worried (Mrs) about the blood pressure test as I suffer from "White Coat Syndrome"!!!??

Fingers crossed..........

Thanks for your reply by the way!

Graham, Janis & Sophie (12... reluctant)

Aberdeenshire, Scotland.... In the COLD!!!! :SLEEP:

Guest guest3462

Congratulations!! Its such a good feeling isnt it! Don't worry about the medicals they are a piece of cake! Just relax and you'll have your visa and be over here before you know it! :-)

Guest Cara&Gav

Congratulations!! I'm sure the medicals will be fine, I think it has to be something fairly major for them to refuse a visa.

Could I ask when you applied for you state sponsorship & how long it took for it to be approved?

Cara x

Guest titanboy

Hi

Congratulations and good luck to all those who are having their medicals done soon. Ours are booked for 10th March also in Edinburgh. Have been trying to be healthy recently, hopefully all that hard work will pay off.....

Guest fatman

Hi there!!

If my memory serves me right, we applied Dec 2009, it was passed Feb 2010 altogether, it depends on how quickly you get your paperwork completed and sent over etc.

Graham, Janis & Sophie X (Aberdeenshire/Scotland)

Guest fatman

Hello there Standalofts family!!

Yeah we were quick getting a date for our Medicals, we gt a cancelation! received the paperwork for Medicals and notice if its "the wrong time of the month" you can't have the medical (our 12 yr old to blaim!! GRrrrrrrr, have to re book now!!)... I hear they are really busy so hoping when I phone tom they can fit us in next week!

Good look with your journey!

Graham, Janis (and a very reluctant 12 year old!!).... Aberdeenshire/Scotland

Guest The Standalofts
Hello there Standalofts family!!

Yeah we were quick getting a date for our Medicals, we gt a cancelation! received the paperwork for Medicals and notice if its "the wrong time of the month" you can't have the medical (our 12 yr old to blaim!! GRrrrrrrr, have to re book now!!)... I hear they are really busy so hoping when I phone tom they can fit us in next week!

Good look with your journey!

Graham, Janis (and a very reluctant 12 year old!!).... Aberdeenshire/Scotland

Hi Graham & Janis - that’s a shame about the medicals, fingers crossed you will get another appointment soon! We have ours on Monday; have an overnight stay in Edinburgh as chances are we wouldn’t get home the same night.

Don’t envy you trying to talk a 12yr old around – we are struggling with a 3 year old, who keeps telling us she loves Scotland and the rain and doesn’t want to live anywhere else.

Have you a plan of when you would like to be out in Oz by, or jobs lined up? We are hoping if everything goes ok to be out there the end of this year beginning of next, but hinges on firstly getting accepted! Then of course selling up…. We haven’t any jobs lined up, need to start thinking about getting CV up-to-date and start looking seriously at jobs rather than just skimming our way from website to another.

Good luck with the new dates for the medicals – keep us posted.

Jimmy & Lesley

Congratulations! We all had our meds yesterday in Manchester,no one could be as big a baby as I was but it all went really well,really easy and no reason to worry. Good luck to you all.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fatman

:cute:Hello again!!

Sorry we have taken so long to get back to you, our phone line was down nearly two weeks, then the Broadband followed... what chaos here as we had to phone Oz a few times on our mobiles !! OH not happy GRrrrr. Anyway, all is back to normal now, onwards and upwards!! ha ha ha...

We have our Medicals booked for March 25th, we are going to take a two night stay in Edinburgh while we are there... Police Check paperwork away... things moving along nicely now

As for the "high blood pressure" concern for me, Doctor has now put me on mild medication as my blood pressure has been slightly raised for years now, so at least when we go for Meds later this month I won't have that worry!!

You asked us when we hope to move to Adelaide in your e-mail.... we would ideally like to move this summer, it all depends on the sale of our house though. Hopefully we can sell our house in time.. If we do sell the house then we would be moving over asap. As for jobs, OH is a builder & hoping to pick up work when we arrive in Adelaide.

Good news your Medicals went well by the way, keep in touch.... Be great to meet up once we all get settled over in Adelaide eh!?

Cheerio for now,

Janis X:)