Sign in to follow this  
Guest Libby1971

A lovely day out...

Guest Libby1971

Hello all

If you fancy a lovely day out, then I heartily recommend Port Adelaide. Many thanks to Mr and Mrs Muppetbro for the suggestion.

We popped up there yesterday. Lunch on a river cruise dolphin spotting in lovely sunshine.

After that, we had a good rummage around in the market next door which has stacks of stalls of bric a brac plus face painting, portraits etc. We found an old map of Oxfordshire which now has pride of place in our study.

Libby

Guest dglamoore

sounds like a good day out - will have to have a go at that ourselves in the holidays :D

Lisa:wubclub:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

we love it there too ... good shot Libby!

Did you go up the little lighthouse? That was fun with our two!!!

Guest Libby1971

Hi Sas

No we didn't. We got there later in the day than I had wanted (eldest ws preening!).

We have to go back as there was so much other stuff there that I wanted to do. The markets reminded me of the sorts of places my grandmother used to take me off to and we used to have the most marvellous rummage around. I can't wait to get rummaging again! All I had time to do was look and of course buy Oxfordshire :jiggy:.

Libby

Guest donna T

Hi Libby

Sounds like a great day out - did you have to book the dolphin cruise or could you just turn up? Would I be alright taking my two little tearaways with me?

See you soon

Donna

x

Guest Libby1971

It was simple - there were 2 booths, each one a different company, offering cruises up and down the river for either $3.00 or $3.50 pp (more if having lunch). We bought tickets then for the next cruise about a half hour later. Some people were buying their tickets as other people were getting on the boat.

It was really lovely Donna and I think your two would like it.

Libby

Guest Rob and Clare

You can also do the cruise on the steam tug for just $5. They're both great days out...

Rob and Clare