Guest Steph&Lee

Hallet Cove

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone can shed a little more light on what Hallet cove area and school is like....really!! After reading a couple of comments on here about arsonists etc I'm beginning to have my doubts about the area. We were originally looking at Unley but it is sooooo expensive there.

Our younger daughter will be 14 if we get to go next year and dont want her leaving a fantastic school here to go to a school thats 'not so good' (if you know what I mean!!) We also have another daughter that will 19 then so we do want to live somewhere with a bit of local nightlife or a short drive into where there is some nightlife.

It is worrying when we've not been to Adelaide to chose somewhere to live just by looking at web maps etc.

Any real information would be appreciated!

Thanks

Steph:arghh:

I do not live in Hallet Cove, but my daughter does - she has a young family and it is great for them. However, nightlife? nah

I have no personal experiences about the schools but if you want to stay south west then Brighton (high school?) has a good reputation.

Catherine

If it was my comment re arsonists (I think I just said south) ignore them!

All areas in all countries have good and bad people in all areas.

On the whole all of Adelaide is OK.

Guest kangomik

I don't think Little Britain has much nightlife, but then again most places in Adelaide don't:biglaugh:

Schools have problems where ever you go, but take into account bad reports are nothing like those in the UK. Some take things with a pinch of salt, others go into panic mode!

My advice, get here first then decide, it's one hell of a long way to come and not see a few places before deciding.

It is worrying when we've not been to Adelaide to chose somewhere to live just by looking at web maps etc.

That is very true. But there's nothing says you have to - in fact, definitely best not to!

Rent somewhere short term to start with, and have a good look around. Lots of people love Hallet Cove, but it's not everyone's cup of tea, and you won't know till you check it out for yourself if it's yours. It's also just one suburb out of many.

Don't worry about getting the kids' schools sorted before you come - you can do that after you get here and when you have found a suburb that suits everyone. The ages of your daughters means they will really need a say in location themselves too, so find somewhere that everyone agrees on and it'll make settling a lot easier!

Hallett cove R 12 school is quite a good school, lots of people on here kids go there my son went there but has left about 3 years ago. There is only one pub in H,C but plenty of places with a 5-10min drive.Vic hotel etc There is Marion shopping centre which has a few pubs with night life 10 mins down the road.

Guest HRHelp

I Love Hallett Cove - beautiful sea views and 2 nearby shopping centres but for real nightlife you need to drive 35 mins to the city (or there will be a train service again in a few months!). Arsonists? never heard of them here! More likely to see a dolphin or a whale