Sign in to follow this  
Guest Obedoh

Notarisation

Guest Obedoh

Hi

Can anyone tell me who DIACS will accept to produce certified copies please?

I have gone through a notary in the past for other purposes and know they are damned expensive for something so basic, so I wondered whether anyone has successfully used other means.

At the end of the day, we will use a notary if that is the only way, but it would be interesting to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

Duncan

Guest dglamoore

We just had ours certified by a local solicitor for 50p a copy after phoning around a few. JP's can also do them and do not charge but there was a 3 month wait at our magistrates court :confused:

Also think teachers can do it as long as they have the stamp and some agents will now too.

Lisa:jiggy:

Guest Libby1971

Hi

We are teachers and obviously have access to a few :biglaugh: but for the purposes of migration we were advised by our agent to stick to either solicitor or JP. We paid about £40 for bulk copies of everything you could think of. If immigration dept said they wanted 2 copies, we ordered 6 because someone somewhere further down the line is going to ask for something.

We were advised to do this because we all know some deadlines can be tight and we didn't want to risk anyone saying that we had to get things redone and cause stress near deadlines. Everything worked fine. Just I almost finished the process. I found out one of the people I had worked with for 5 years was a JP :arghh:.

Libby

Guest Obedoh

Thanks Libby,

Great advice I think. I hadn't considered getting multiple copies, but it sounds eminently sensible. No sense having needless delays further down the line. I know a notary fairly local, so I'll see what he will negotiate on as a bulk package.

Cheers

Duncan