JoanneV

Skills Assessment

Hi, can anyone tell me once you receive a positive skills assessment (joiner) is there a time limit whereby you have to submit your visa or does it last forever.

Thank you

Jo

Anybody??? thinking of starting this long process mid year but wont be in a position to lodge visa until later next year, wondered if there was a time limit between positive skills assessment and lodging visa.

Hope somebody might know, thank you.

Jo

Guest karyn1

Hi Jo,

My hubby had a positive skills assessment (also joiner) but we were lodging our visa asap, so not sure how long it is valid for. With the amount of changes that are made, I would wait till nearer the time when your thinking of applying for your visa to save any wasted time and money if it does change! Sorry I can't be of any more help! Karyn

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi,

Your skills assessment is only valid for 2 years!!

Hope this helps!

Steph

Guest karenbonnar

Hi

My husbands from the ACS (Australian Computer Society) stated it lasted one year on the postive skills assessment letter but he is in IT. If I were you I would contact the assessing body and ask them.

Karen

Guest jaxndel

My husband did his skills test July 2009 (Carpenter) and we applied for our visa in February 2010. I don''t know about any time limits but the way things are going I would try to get your visa asap as they may try to stop people going to Oz. We have our medicals this Wednesday so we are keeping everything crossed. Good luck from Jax and Del