Hughes'Roberts

Licensing Required in SA

Hi Guys, calling Painters & Decorators! Can someone tell me if you require a license in South Australia, I was under the impression I did not need one but after doing a little research and cannot seem to find the right info. Any help would be appreciated!!

:err:

Guest pauljoinoz
    Hi Guys' date=' calling Painters & Decorators! Can someone tell me if you require a license in South Australia, I was under the impression I did not need one but after doing a little research and cannot seem to find the right info. Any help would be appreciated!!

[/font'] :err:

Hi

My hubby is a painter & decorator yes you do need a licence if you want to work for yourself. If you are going to be employed you will probably only need your white card & relevant insurances, also a ABN (Australian Business Number) which you can get online.

PM if you have any questions happy to help!!!

Thanks

Jo & Paul

Hi

My hubby is a painter & decorator yes you do need a licence if you want to work for yourself. If you are going to be employed you will probably only need your white card & relevant insurances, also a ABN (Australian Business Number) which you can get online.

PM if you have any questions happy to help!!!

Thanks

Jo & Paul

Hi Jo & Paul

Thanks ever so much for replying to our thread, we are just about to submit our SS and came to a holt as we could not figure out whether a Licence was required.

The Question is "Are there any licensing or registration requirements for the occupation of Painting Trades Worker in South Australia?" We clicked yes and then it asks "Do you believe you will be able to meet these requirements? "

We then need to elaborate in the Commitment to SA section stating whats required! We are stuck on what to put?

It also asks for 5 organisations/companies that relevant to our occ so we have put - Master & Builders Association,Australia.gov.au/service/abn-apply-for-an-abn-australian-business-number,Imar.com.au/tradiepolicy.aspx?occupation=32,Masterpainterssa.com.au and OCBA - Office of Consumer and Business Affairs.

What do you think of the above, we have done our research but we feel we are a little stuck on this section! Any ideas on what to actually put.

p.s we tried to send you a private message but it said that you have not got enough room for any further messages lol

Thanks again

Nat & Gaz x

Hi! Im a painter and decorator here in adelaide and been here two years and There's are no licensing or registration requirements as long as your not self employed.

If you need a job when you get here email this guy.

Patrick torrens ptpc8@bigpond.com

Good luck.

Hi Jo & Paul

Thanks ever so much for replying to our thread' date=' we are just about to submit our SS and came to a holt as we could not figure out whether a Licence was required.

The Question is "Are there any licensing or registration requirements for the occupation of Painting Trades Worker in South Australia?" We clicked yes and then it asks "Do you believe you will be able to meet these requirements? "

We then need to elaborate in the Commitment to SA section stating whats required! We are stuck on what to put?

It also asks for 5 organisations/companies that relevant to our occ so we have put - Master & Builders Association,Australia.gov.au/service/abn-apply-for-an-abn-australian-business-number,Imar.com.au/tradiepolicy.aspx?occupation=32,Masterpainterssa.com.au and VOCBA - Office of Consumer and Business Affairs.

What do you think of the above, we have done our research but we feel we are a little stuck on this section! Any ideas on what to actually put.

p.s we tried to send you a private message but it said that you have not got enough room for any further messages lol

Thanks again

Nat & Gaz x

Guest pauljoinoz
    Hi Jo & Paul

Thanks ever so much for replying to our thread' date=' we are just about to submit our SS and came to a holt as we could not figure out whether a Licence was required.

It also asks for 5 organisations/companies that relevant to our occ so we have put - Master & Builders Association,Australia.gov.au/service/abn-apply-for-an-abn-australian-business-number,Imar.com.au/tradiepolicy.aspx?occupation=32,Masterpainterssa.com.au and OCBA - Office of Consumer and Business Affairs.

Thanks again

Nat & Gaz x

Hi Nat & gaz

Inbox now cleared sorry!!!

I am going to try & find our paperwork on this as it was over 3 years ago for us.

The requirements were very similar to the TRA assessment that you have to do for the visa, to obtain your builders licence you have to prove you are capable of quoting, maintaining financial records, do the work required etc... all straight forward if you have been running a business in the uk. It is a short college course & then documents to be submitted to OCBA.

We bought over advertising articles, customer testimonials, builders references, lots of photos of before & after on renovation projects. The more you bring the better, we showed trading accounts going back to 1989!!!

However if you work for a company you do not need your licence, all a little daunting I guess but not too stressful!

Any questions just shout out & we will try to help - good luck!!!!

Thanks

Jo & Paul

Guest boesman
    Hi! Im a painter and decorator here in adelaide and been here two years and There's are no licensing or registration requirements as long as your not self employed.

If you need a job when you get here email this guy.

Patrick torrens ptpc8@bigpond.com

Good luck.

Agree, we also got stuck at this question and couldn't find the proper answer untill finally someone emailed me and said, if you work for someone else you DON@T need a license. If Self employed, then YES. So we answered "no" to that question.:D

Guest Mizzmp

My OH is a bricklayer and we put "no" for the licence bit. We just put whitecard and some building companies. Maybe put seek.com.au as well. We put that as we will use that to look for work when we arrive.

DHL quoted me £35 to courier the papers over so im deffo doing that. It will be 5 working days which is better than the 2 weeks royal mail took for our vetassess.