Sign in to follow this  
Guest Squareman

457 to perm residence - ENS/RSMS the only way?

Guest Squareman

Is the only pathways to perm residence for those on a 457 visa, to either get ENS or RSMS sponsorship? In both of these visas, you need to prove that your skills aren't available locally. What if you can't do that? Do you just pack up and go home?

Guest Murphysegg

I went down this route 18 months ago & have had my RSMS for 12 months now with 12 months to run to satisfy the VISA requirement. ie my tie to my current company sponsor.

Is your employer willing to Sponsor you? They basically have to substantiate that your position is guaranteed for 2 yrs & your skill set cannot be filled locally.

Guest happy feet

I've just got my Perm..Was on the 457, then went through employers for the RSMS. It only took 4 months, but as above says you need to get employers to sponsor you.

Good Luck

Guest shella_n

what about the 175 or 176 those are sill open to people on 457 although would have to leave the country and re-enter

we are lucky enough to be getting ENS (hopefully) its a nightmare isnt it, trying to figure out how you get can to stay permanently

Guest Squareman

How much effort does an employer have to go to prove your skills aren't locally available? How do people like nurses or carpenters get residence sponsored? It's not like there are absolutely no nurses available?

Guest Murphysegg

To be honest i think DIAC just want a guarantor that you will be fully employed for the 2 yr period. At the end of the day your of value to the economy whilst remaining employed.

Have you approached your employer ? They may have done it before. It's a far easier process than the ENS.