sharons dream

Visa timeline

Hi, we lodged our visa last week and we are cat.2 so I was just wondering if anyone as any idea how long it could take as we haven't done anything yet to prepare ourselves for this moving, I'm so excited I want to crack on with it all but my oh is saying not to rush anything. HHHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!

Guest Jennet

hi i have just joined today so new to this also but i seem to be picking it up now. so if you want to chat about migration plans get back in touch i do have years experience of migration and a long story but will be going next summer:smile:

Guest Adelaide_bound

Hi Sharron, welcome to PIA :)

It seems like its taking anything from a couple of months to a couple more than that depending on whether you are lucky or not (and probably random things like if the wind is blowing to the South that day or not lol), that's assuming you are a straightforward case and your police checks and health checks are all a-ok.

You have 12 months to validate your visas though after you get them, from the date of your police check or medical (depending on which was the earliest), so there is a bit of time to validate, and you can always do that just on a holiday as well, you don't have to make the move perm. until you are ready really (you've got a few years after you validate to actually move if you need it :) )