Sign in to follow this  
Guest mcgartland

Few questions about Oz banking

    Recommended Posts

    Guest mcgartland


    Im moving over to Adelaide in August for a year to see how things go. I am moving over my sister who is a citizen in Adelaide so accomadation etc will be sorted.

    What else will i need before I head over


    Bank account? if so which is best and good for transfering money home to N.Ireland?

    National Insurance, I.D,?

    Do I need anything before I can start working?

    Sim card for Blackberry for using internet on phone?

    Anything else im missing





    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Pam777

    I set up an account with the Commonwealth bank and when I arrived had to attend an interview.

    when you arrive you need to register with Medicare for health services. To work you will need a Tax File Number (TFN) and you can apply for that through the Australian Tax Office (ATO).

    If you are on a permanent visa you will get 3 months to apply for a SA driving license. If you are on a temporary visa you can use your overseas license.

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    Sign in to follow this