Sign in to follow this  
Guest karyn1

Police checks - how long?

Guest karyn1

Hi there!

After having our police checks done and had an email confirming they were received 22/2/11, we are still waiting on our certificate? I know there are a few folks on here in the same position just now and wondered if anyone knew how long they usually take to get back? Thanks

Karyn

Guest WAITINGAME

Hi

I have regisited to reply to you !! Lol

Well i spoke to the customer service there yesterday about mine because i posted 9 days ago and the cheque still hadnt been cashed so was making sure they had it. Well anyway a few hours later got an email from them saying they had recieved the forms.

When i was on the phone i was asking how quick they are getting through them and informed me there 10 days behind before even getting the forms onto there system. Then its another 10 days or should be after that not including postage days until you should get your police checks,

Its horrible waiting isnt it !

Guest karyn1

Hi there, thanks for the reply! That's you now, you will be posting constantly :) Well, about 15 mins after I posted that on here, up the path came the postie with two big white envelopes lol! So that is the last thing we were waiting on (apart from xray results which should be in the next few days!). How far are you along in your venture? I take it about the same as us if you've done your police checks lol! Good luck with yours, shouldn't be too long now!

Guest leemina

Hi Karyn

I recieved the same email as you, mine on the 23rd. Was thinking that if havent heard anything by next week i'd give them a ring, however looking at your last post i'm hoping for those lovely big white envelopes tomorrow or the day after. I'm hoping that visa will be through by May and then book flights for aug/sept. When you planning on going? Thought of any areas?? Take care.

Guest karyn1

Leemina - hello!

We are putting the house on the market as soon as we get our visa, so as soon as it sells, we will be off! We like the look of so many places, it's hard to decide, but we do like the look of Woodcroft and Happy Valley! What about you - which area do you think you may settle? Hope your police checks back soon - sure our visa's will be here by May! :)

Guest barb

We sent ours off on the 27th march,having to wait for my oh's as he was in the army so they have to do an army check too, Ughhhh!! dont think I can stand anymore waiting.

Guest leemina

Just to let you know that the envelopes came today, yippee!!!!

Karyn - we are also looking at woodcroft/happy valley/hallett cove area, although a distant relative who lives in adelaide says that woodcroft & hallett cove have a high crime rate, so we have to look into that yet. You got any kids? if so what schools you looking at?

I cant wait to go now, roll on visa so i can hand my notice in at work (day cant come soon enough). I'm on nights at moment and had 13 patients so hopefully oz hospitals have less, if so think i need a new job :) My hubby's becoming more and more fed up with his job too, think it may be because we both see an end in sight. Even talked breifly this morning about going earlier than august if possible, but dont know if this is possible.

Anyway, cant wait for the visa day!!! Bring it on!!!