Sign in to follow this  
Guest mr lee

New Graduate careers?

Guest mr lee

I'm looking to emigrate from the UK and obviously a big part of this would be finding work. It is also what I am most worried about as I am a recent graduate. I obtained a 2:1 in Geography in June of last year and since then I have been a labourer in the construction industry and more recently, office staff for that same construction company.

My other major area of work experience is bar work. I worked in a student bar for 2 years at University.

I've had the variety of jobs you have being a student. Everything from sainsbury's shelf stacker to labouring on a landfill site and cleaning a primary school.

My concern is that none of these were for particularly long periods of time and will they lead to my application being denied. Or if not, what sort of things can I expect from my degree and work experience.

Any help in this matter would be massively appreciated even if it is to say im going to struggle (though I hope this is not the case)

Many thanks

Lee

Have you considered coming out on a Working Holiday Visa for a while? You may have already done this, but if not, it's definitely a way to check the place out without burning too many bridges behind you, and would give you a chance to chat to people, make some work contacts, and think about the best move forward from there. You may even meet a nice aussie girl, and then down the line, a spouse visa might beckon.....:D

Guest Martin and Val
    Have you considered coming out on a Working Holiday Visa for a while? You may have already done this, but if not, it's definitely a way to check the place out without burning too many bridges behind you, and would give you a chance to chat to people, make some work contacts, and think about the best move forward from there. You may even meet a nice aussie girl, and then down the line, a spouse visa might beckon.....:D

All good advice Diane,

I think he may already be thinking about the Aussie girls and why not I say!

Hopefully somebody else on here has come with similar qualifications and may be able to help. Does the migration agent 'Alan' still look in here? Lee, try sending a personal message to Alan Collett he may be able to advise you?

Martin

Guest mr lee

Hi Diane,

I am beginning to think a working visa might well be the way forward, that way I could find my favourite place and then try and settle down (not that I would be any good at that! I like to travel about)

As for aussie girls, I met a few when I was in Africa and I think they beat the Brit girls hands down! :biglaugh:. Do you know if WHV's are easy enough to obtain?

Thanks for the advice :), lee

All good advice Diane,

I think he may already be thinking about the Aussie girls and why not I say!

Hopefully somebody else on here has come with similar qualifications and may be able to help. Does the migration agent 'Alan' still look in here? Lee, try sending a personal message to Alan Collett he may be able to advise you?

Martin

Cheers Unc. M (im going to shorten it)

I will PM him this evening (or morning to you or the middle of the night or whatever it is)