tori0609

SS online form - what is a dependant?

Hello - really dumb question I know but I have completley confused myself (ad my husband now!) We are just about ready to send the online application just not clear on who ir what is a dependant - we are going on my hubby's bricklaying skills, I am married to him and we have a 1 year old baby girl - Is my baby a dependant and am I a dependant too? SO grateful for any help - have been scouring the web for ages and close to pulling my hair out!

Guest karyn1

I would think it would be your child. Ours was so long ago, it's all a blur now :)

thanks Karen - that what we initially thought then confused ourselves! will be glad when this whole process is over!

Guest karyn1
    thanks Karen - that what we initially thought then confused ourselves! will be glad when this whole process is over!

I second that!:arghh:

Hello - really dumb question I know but I have completley confused myself (ad my husband now!) We are just about ready to send the online application just not clear on who ir what is a dependant - we are going on my hubby's bricklaying skills, I am married to him and we have a 1 year old baby girl - Is my baby a dependant and am I a dependant too? SO grateful for any help - have been scouring the web for ages and close to pulling my hair out!

We were a little confused at this too!!! Silly...I know! There is only me (Nat) & my OH, he is the main applicant, I said yes to me being a dependant as we was not sure but explained that I am not dependant on him in the Commitment to SA section! We hope we have messed this up!!!

Nat & Gaz

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi,

It would be any children under the age of 18. My daughter is now 18yrs and we have had to prove that she is still in full time education and still 'dependant' on us for living, housing, clothing etc. As your daughter is only 1yr, then she definitely is a dependant!!

Steph x