tina&steve

help meds not clearing customs!!!

Hi Guys can you help?

Our meds went off to LCU in Sydney last week and now customs have them and wont let them go til we give them a name and contact number at LCU has anyone else had this problem? if so what happens?

Tina x:arghh:

Our meds are still held in customs been 15 days and have had a email from customs say they need a' self assessed clearance document' and there is a 'sub-master' which has not been reported. Does anyone know what this means? so I am arm with the info when I talk to the courier company.

Hope someone can help.

Tina x

Guest soggy
    Our meds are still held in customs been 15 days and have had a email from customs say they need a' self assessed clearance document' and there is a 'sub-master' which has not been reported. Does anyone know what this means? so I am arm with the info when I talk to the courier company.

Hope someone can help.

Tina x

Hi Tina, this must be so frustrating for you, and I dont think I can help much, I have looked at the Australians customs website and the only reference to sub master is as a type of waybill the ticket you fill out for the courier company this link gives you details of self assessed clearance docs (SACS).http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/self_assessed_clearance_declarations.pdf

It seems to me that the medical center did not fill out the ticket for the courier correctly and the courier company did not notice, im sure they will be able to sought it out, which company did they use?

Simon

Thanks for your help once again. I used Transfer 2000 only used them because the doctor wanted them picked up in a 2 hour slot and they were the only ones who could do it. They seemed to know their stuff but it seems not! Going to call universal air cargo tonight who were suppose to pick up and take on to LCU to find out whats going on.

Thanks again Tina x

Just wanted to update you regarding my meds

After 16 days of waiting for them to clear we now have to pay $445.89 to get them released because the stupid panel doctor had put they were worth £1000.00 on the airway bill.

Just wanted to warn others what could happen if you use ))))))).

:mad:

Guest Django
    we now have to pay $445.89 to get them released because the stupid panel doctor had put they were worth £1000.00 on the airway bill.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

I would claim that back off of the doctors. If they refused I would report them to the Ozzy body that gives them the status to be able to do the immi meds.

Pete

Guest graandjac

Have to agree with Pete on that one there is something not quite right there , if its there mistake then they should foot the bill.....good luck Cheers Graham

Guest Tracijbc

I totally agree, that's bloomin' outrageous!! They have the Oz government approval to be panel Docs so they can't make it hard for applicants to get their meds done and shipped properly! Kick up a fuss and get a refund. Doing what we're doing costs enough as it is!!

Tis a ruddy cheek! :policeman:

You definately need to report this guy.

As a panel doctor he's supposed to know the system inside out, they have training on it!!!!!!

It's not even as though he's profiting from his mistake, sounds a bit of a t**t really.

We've just used UPS to courier our Meds and it seems to have gone ok.

Guest dglamoore

Can you not get in touch with customs and give them permnission to open them so they can see for themselves what they are? Explain it is simply paperwork for a visa and has no value as such - apart from the cost of havin the bloomin things done!!!

Hope you get it sorted quick

Lisa :jiggy:

Been told by LCU that if customs open them there is a good chance they will be void. Then I will have to have them done again.

The doctor is a tit and has blamed the transport company, which yes they should have told me they would be stopped at customs as the value was £1000.00, but this doctor is on another planet.

I emailed the company in Oz that has to delvier to LCU to tell them I will be paying the duty. Their 1st reply was the transport company in the UK is paying it. Her 2nd email was that its not to be delivered as new paperwork has come tolite and they were sending it on to customs.

So more waiting!:arghh:

But as soon as my meds are safe and sound in LCU there will be some kicking of the backside and I'll be waering big boots when it comes to Doctor K

Thanks for your support

Tina x

Guest thesmiths

Hi Tina,

Just read through your thread and am really sorry to hear about the nightmare with your meds. You expect panel doctors to be competent, particularly with the fees they charge! What a d*kh**d! :arghh:

Just wanted to say good luck with sorting it all.

Teresa

x

tina

sorry to hear whats going on with yr meds when i last saw steve at work

(doing nothing but playing playstation) i told him i went to DR KWAN in upminster it was cheaper and he uses UPS to send meds to oz and there is a tracking number supplied as well so you can keep track of everything

by the way had my passport visa stickers done now so looks like i will be gone before you hope to be there next feb:p

tina

sorry to hear whats going on with yr meds when i last saw steve at work

(doing nothing but playing playstation) i told him i went to DR KWAN in upminster it was cheaper and he uses UPS to send meds to oz and there is a tracking number supplied as well so you can keep track of everything

by the way had my passport visa stickers done now so looks like i will be gone before you hope to be there next feb:p

Sorry you must be mistaken steve doesn't have time to play the playstation, he tells me he hasn't stopped all day:nah:.

We would have used ups or dhl but the doctor wanted them picked up in a 2 hour time slot and they couldn't do it. But we paid the duty on them so they should get to LCU tomorrow:skeptical:.

Woo Hoo stickers in passports you lucky git, you beat us fair and square:v_SPIN:

Keep us upto date with your plans and I'll see ya in Adelaide

Tina x