Guest Damien

One year in....who'd have thought!

Guest Damien

Well, today is our first anniversary of being here in Aus. :D

We sat on the beach at Nelson today and thought bloody hell, didn't see this coming. We've lived in 4 different houses, the kids have been to 2 different schools and we now shouldn't really be members of Poms in Adelaide but there is no Poms in Mount Gambier!

I've bought a boat, caught more than a few fish, got my dream job and last week had to get warrants to search two houses and screwed a few crooks lives up for a while - life here is surreal :err:

My office is now the Southern Ocean and my vehicle is a 8.5m 300hp boat. Every day I get stalked by a dolphin, he even tries to get on the trailer. We've seen whales, sealions and snakes. Made some ace friends in Adelaide that we miss loads but we will be back!

Australia certainly hasn't been what we expected but I never thought I'd be given the opportunity to do what I'm doing now and I love it here.

It's Lisa's 40th on Tuesday so it's a pretty special time at the mo! :jiggy:

All the best to my great mates in Adelaide, catch up with you all soon

Damo

Guest barb

congratulations and well done. Happy Birthday Lisa hope you have a really great day. We are just waiting for our visa and cant wait to get there. Are you in the Police force there? My O.H is looking into it and so far is really keen. What is Mount Gambier like to live in? We have been looking at coastal regions but other areas look good too. Good luck and have fun with the Birthday celebrations.

Guest Damien
    congratulations and well done. Happy Birthday Lisa hope you have a really great day. We are just waiting for our visa and cant wait to get there. Are you in the Police force there? My O.H is looking into it and so far is really keen. What is Mount Gambier like to live in? We have been looking at coastal regions but other areas look good too. Good luck and have fun with the Birthday celebrations.

No barb, I'm not a copper, I'm one of only 40 Fisheries Officers in the whole state, unbelievable job! We actually have more powers than the police here and get to do some pretty cool stuff. Mt Gambier is great but not very warm, it's also 30mins to the coast. It's beautiful here, we live on a volcano and the land is very green. There are caves everywhere!

Guest barb

Sounds like a really great job Damien,and Mt Gambier is going to be on our list of places to visit when we go home hunting,sounds awesome. Thanks for getting back to me.

Not sure about more powers then police, we get a nice little .40 cal.

I do hear that your powers of entry and seizure are fab.

Just be careful down there I hear the illegal cray fisherman and poachers like to eat fishery officers..

If you need a back up or hear of a spot, maybe shout out or pm me

Guest Nicky&Andy

would have been great to meet you guys ,glad all is going well in new job , thanks to your posts weve caught up with mick for our car repairs just wish happy birthday to lisa, hope you all have a great day xx

Guest MADTOM

Wow I am green with envy .. that lifestyle sounds great!

Don't spose there are any jobs for Railway Project Managers are there....

Happy birthday Lisa. :daydreaming:

Guest Guest75

Onya Damo! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I can't add much really!!!!

Many Happies to Lisa!!!!!!!!

Guest Damien

Yeah Ratters, we can enter and seize without a warrant. We're also cross authorised with the other states, parks, wrecks etc. My first search of a house last week, pretty scary stuff but we did have an armed copper as back up. All good fun down south. The cray fishermen are pretty full on but most are ok...........so far!

Guest The Dimmocks

Happy 1st Year in Oz.

Happy 40th to Lisa as well, hope she has a great birthday.

Michelle x