Guest donna888

AHPRA Fee

Guest donna888

HI

Can anyone confirm that the fee to register as an overseas nurse is aus$220. Is there any other fees to send to them?

Many thanks for looking

Donna

Guest leemina

Hi Donna

I rang AHPRA last week to confirm fees. Section H on the form has the payment boxes.

Application fee: $115

Registration fee: $115

Assessment fee: $220

Total: $450

I doublechecked this with the AHPRA man, as I was a bit gobsmacked, and also the ANMC assessment that I'd gotten at the beginning of 2010 makes no difference at all to the price or need for documentation. I'm getting my paperwork together this week and gonna apply end of next week hopefully.

Hope this helps

Debbie

Hi Donna

I also queried fees and the reply that I got was $220 assessment of application fee, so this is all that needs to be sent initially. Then when approved $115 application fee and $115 registration fee but please be aware that this needs to be paid in person at the ahpra office and you only have 12months to do this from receipt of your successful assessment letter.

Dont get me started on this as I had got to this stage with what was NBSA and had my letter at home saying I had successfully been assessed. This letter was valid for 2 years and could be sent from the UK with the fee to become registered. When I contacted ahpra to ask where I sent this too (as mine had to be done by May) they told me that I had to present in person before May or start the whole process again!! We are hoping to emigrate in December. I can understand them wanting uptodate info, eg a current employment reference and NMC ref, but no they want the lot again including transcripts of diploma etc, all of which they have on their files. :arghh:

It is so frustrating!

Karen

Guest donna888
    Hi Donna

I also queried fees and the reply that I got was $220 assessment of application fee, so this is all that needs to be sent initially. Then when approved $115 application fee and $115 registration fee but please be aware that this needs to be paid in person at the ahpra office and you only have 12months to do this from receipt of your successful assessment letter.

Dont get me started on this as I had got to this stage with what was NBSA and had my letter at home saying I had successfully been assessed. This letter was valid for 2 years and could be sent from the UK with the fee to become registered. When I contacted ahpra to ask where I sent this too (as mine had to be done by May) they told me that I had to present in person before May or start the whole process again!! We are hoping to emigrate in December. I can understand them wanting uptodate info, eg a current employment reference and NMC ref, but no they want the lot again including transcripts of diploma etc, all of which they have on their files. :arghh:

It is so frustrating!

Karen

Thanks for your info Karen,

That is soooo annoying - only a year, hope to get a job offer in that time (going on a 457 visa). At least you can pay in stages -so will get my 220 together and try and get my paperwork sorted this week and sent off. BTW - who did you get to certify your docs? I was hoping to get my cousin a solicitor to sign them but worried i may get them sent back after months for not using JP/notary??!??

Donna

Guest donna888
    Hi Donna

I rang AHPRA last week to confirm fees. Section H on the form has the payment boxes.

Application fee: $115

Registration fee: $115

Assessment fee: $220

Total: $450

I doublechecked this with the AHPRA man, as I was a bit gobsmacked, and also the ANMC assessment that I'd gotten at the beginning of 2010 makes no difference at all to the price or need for documentation. I'm getting my paperwork together this week and gonna apply end of next week hopefully.

Hope this helps

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Not too bad when you dont have to send if all off at once eh?

Donna

Guest leemina

Confused.com

Why didnt the man on the phone explain that??? AHPRA seems to be a big cock up. I did the ANMC full not modified assessment as it was the understanding that when it came to registering the fee would be less and easier as all the paperwork would be sent to SA, obviously now with AHPRA taking over, thats all by the by, and so is my money :(

Thanks for your info Karen,

That is soooo annoying - only a year, hope to get a job offer in that time (going on a 457 visa). At least you can pay in stages -so will get my 220 together and try and get my paperwork sorted this week and sent off. BTW - who did you get to certify your docs? I was hoping to get my cousin a solicitor to sign them but worried i may get them sent back after months for not using JP/notary??!??

Donna

I emailed them about certified id and they told me it had to be a JP or notary public. Perhaps someone who has had a successful assessment will reply, although due to the time it is taking I dont think there are many about:biglaugh:

Like you say due to the the time it takes you dont want to get it wrong, but dont want to spend unneccessary money. On their website is a contact form which I have been using to email them. You get an initial reply telling you they have passed your query to an advisor, then the next morning I got a reply. Now I have this poor ladies name I must have sent her six or seven queries and she always replies overnight, so perhaps things are improving

Karen

I sent my application off in Feb, and on the 12th April they took the $220 application fee. I have been wondering when they will take the rest, at least thats a weight off my mind knowing that i pay the rest when i'm there. Thankyou and good luck!