Spider

Hutchy

It's a spider!!

No seriously, I don't know I'm afraid but there are loads around at the moment and they seem to be having a field day with all the insects around. We spent some time watching one in the Barossa at the weekend - had spun a really spectacular 3D web and had a couple of rows of well wrapped up meals lined up for himself!

Your one in the pic seems to have the same (plus a tiny spider next to her - probably Mr Spider! - see I've been looking really closely - part of my therapy!!!)(

Guest helene73

Omg that's horrific, I am terrified of spiders!!! When I was in Perth last year there was one outside our hotel room that spanned 3 house bricks I put plugs in sinks kept the lights on and had towels round the door god knows what I thought that would do cos this thing could have kicked the door in!! That was a very sleepless night.

Omg that's horrific, I am terrified of spiders!!! When I was in Perth last year there was one outside our hotel room that spanned 3 house bricks I put plugs in sinks kept the lights on and had towels round the door god knows what I thought that would do cos this thing could have kicked the door in!! That was a very sleepless night.

Ha...ha....your comment really made me chuckle as i would do the very same! The damn things play dead as well...i was in the bath once (in oz) and i saw a crumpled spider and i thought....YES its not alive...the next thing it spanned out a few inches! Needless to say....i jumped out of that bath! There horrible creatures but good to keep the flys away which can be annoying!

Nat & Gaz

Guest helene73
Ha...ha....your comment really made me chuckle as i would do the very same! The damn things play dead as well...i was in the bath once (in oz) and i saw a crumpled spider and i thought....YES its not alive...the next thing it spanned out a few inches! Needless to say....i jumped out of that bath! There horrible creatures but good to keep the flys away which can be annoying!

Nat & Gaz

If you splat one of them things there gonna make a hell of a mess!!! I used to chuck one of my cats at the hoping they would kill the Dam things but now they have a spider phobia!!! Any way I may have come up with a good spider killing device after putting many hours of thinking into this!!! Lol what is needed is a Hoover with a very long hose, place blender blades in the dust compartment, suck the buggers up and liquidize the buggers then simply pour the mess down the loo :) lmao simple!!!

Guest Cara&Gav

This thread has definitely not helped with my fear of the spiders lol

I loved the comment about the plug holes and towels by the doors though lol

Cara

Guest Guest75

I don't know their proper name. We just call them Redlegs.

They make some beaut webs - always where you walk into them!!

They do seem to come out for around the 3 months after Christmas.

Guest Daisy Duke

Bloody hell! I only came on here today to post something completly unrelated to this, but then saw the thread entitled 'Spider'!

Why did I have to look?! I knew it wasn't going to be a money spider, but no I still had to look? As if that wasn't enough, I had to check out the pics! :arghh:

I still think some of the 'Jurassic Park' size insects may be more bearable than the politics and yob culture of this country, at least thats what I kp telling myself! Ha ha.

Guest Guest75
:eek: OH MY DAYS WHAT IS THE GREEN THING?!?!?!? :eek::eek: :eek:

my son will love it, me i'm not so sure lol

The green thing is very harmless.

Some relative to stick insects I believe.

It sprouted wings and took off after the pic. Totally unexpected!!

I'm a bit of a nutter where the wild life is concerned - even been chased by a savage Koala!

Guest Guest75
OMG!!! and I was scared of the sharks. At least they stay in the sea. Are the scorpians very dangerous? Do you get many in the house?

:biglaugh:

Hi Amanda,

They are not common at all. My mate who has lived here 20 years has never seen one. I have promised to send him some to keep the score up.

Their sting is similar to a bee sting.

Yep, we get a few in the house. Great fun playing Russian Roulette by walking to the toilet in bare feet in the dark :biglaugh:

Better than that savage Koala hey??

Guest Daisy Duke

Crikey!!!! Think I might just sleep in the fridge!

We went to Cape Trib a few years ago and stayed in the rain forest in these sort of huts on stilts. There were gaps around where the stilits met the floor so I spent about 2 hours crawling around on all fours, attempting to 'block up' any gaps and holes with tissue! However, we were woken in the middle of the night, not by insects, but by a bloody wild boar walking up to our front door and what can only be described as head butting the door! Needless to say, we did not open the door! Having said that, I still think I would rather deal with a wild boar than a mahoosif spider that eats birds!