Guest alex27

Is it normal to be nervous??

Guest alex27

Hi,

sorry if this is silly

i feel really nervous and anxious about the medicals!!

Has anyone else who has had them done felt the same??

thx for any advice!!

Guest moonraker1959

Truly,there is really nothing for you to worry about.I guess its pretty normal to feel a little bit anxious because its not something you're familiar with,but my OH had his medical,and they just check general things like blood pressure and so on.If you have any existing issues he/she may ask you to elaborate but apart from that,its a simple easy visit.

Guest jemima
    Hi,

sorry if this is silly

i feel really nervous and anxious about the medicals!!

Has anyone else who has had them done felt the same??

thx for any advice!!

We to feel very nervous and anxious about our meds! Maybe it is because we are hopefully comming to the end of our rollercoaster ride!!!

Good luck

Hi, we have our medicals next week in London...and im nervous!! my OH says im being stupid, but as said before its the unknown and also the fact:o that everything seems to finally be happening and quite quickly!!

Good luck!!

Hi

I was ridiculously nervous but there was no need, pretty basic general questions, lovely staff in Edinburgh, who say they are really just looking for big expensive diseases or infections. Good luck,

Gill x

Guest fatman

:jiggy:Hello there! I am exactly the same as you VERY NERVOUS abouth the Medicals!!!! ours are booked for 25th of this month in Edinburgh!!! I get terrible "White Coat Syndrome" which makes it an even more anxious time for me! In the meantime my Doctor has started treating me for High Blood Pressure! ha ha... actually my blood pressure has been raised for years anyway, so at least I won't be worrying about my blood pressure at Medical! ... We hear the actual Medicals are quite easy anyway and nothing to worry about! ... In the meantime, try not to worry!!!

Graham, Janis & Sophie Price - Aberdeenshire/Scotland UK

Guest The Standalofts

Try not to worry, they are really straight forward. My OH worried about them from the minute I booked them until they were finished, and afterwards admitted he worried about nothing.

We went to Edinburgh and the staff were lovely, we spent longer in the waiting room than we did in with the nurse/doctor. We both failed one of the tests and they redone them (OH blood pressure was a bit high, and I was a bit dehydrated - dont know how as i drank litres of water)! we passed them 1/2hr later without any hassle. The doctor was very relaxed about it all and told us not to worry.

Good luck to everyone who is have still to have their medicals.

Lesley

No need to worry at all;) Our medicals were very straight forward.

In fact I think I had a far worse medical when work offered me a half day health check a few years ago.

Guest alex27

thanks so much for your help-glad to know im not alone! feel better already!!

Guest gabriel

Alex I got myself in a right pickle ! I think I would have been even worse if my husband hadnt been with me, he is as cool as a cucumber!! Ours wasnt that straightforward !! We were there 3 hours the clinc (the bridge @ maidenhead) were very busy my 8 yr old & 5 yr old had not drank enough so their wee was very concentrated so they had to be sent back to the waiting room to drink more water on the 4th wee it was fine but my poor boy could not drink anymore & honked up all over me & the waiting room floor & all over the sofa!! The staff were really helpful (waiting room was full) We then got called in by the Doctor who was Lovely & got the children involved listening to stethiscope etc (I apologised to him for stinking)!! I had a trace of blood in my wee so we had to pay an extra £34 to be sent off ...Boy was I glad to get home .we also got there an hour early ..a good idea because the nurses can carry on doing the height, urine & x-rays so hopefully when the panel doctor calls you in you wont have to wait too long.

.I worried myself sick all weekend but I rang them on Monday and it was all fine!!

Anyway the moral of the story is relax and make sure you drink plenty of water!! I know how anxious you may feel as you've waited all this time & its the last piece of the jigsaw!! Good luck anyway sure it will be fine.