Sign in to follow this  
Guest SUPERSTARDJ01

Motorcycle mechanic

Guest SUPERSTARDJ01

Hi,

What uk qualifications do you need to able to work as a motorcycle mechanic in oz, and how many years experience?

also I know motor mechanic is on the skills list but will this cover motorcycles as well?

Cheers

Guest teamV

This may help,but i'm a truck mechanic,I had to show my city and guilds certificates along with statements from 2 or 3 old employers,I also to do a statement to say how many years i'd been working as a mechanic.Then you will need to pass tra or vetassess exam,part paperwork part pratical .

I think you have to have been working 1 out of the last 2 years as a motorbike mechanic as well.

there other stuff as well but I will have a look at the emails off my agent later,and speak to an agent ,your first call will be free:biglaugh:

Its on the list 321213 motorcycle mechanic says available

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/state_migration_plan_south_australia/state_sponsored_migration_list_2011.jsp

Guest SUPERSTARDJ01

what's the pay like?

Was the test hard? or is like the english citizenship test?

Guest teamV
    what's the pay like?

Ive no idea what the pay would be for you ,I think you will have to check that yourself,

the test I did was fairly straight forward ,mainly basic stuff but cost about $2100 to take and I don't know anything about the english test ,but I didn't need to do the IELTS test if thats what you mean,mechanics don't need to be overly bright:biglaugh:

Guest knsc

Hi

You need a formal qualification. Mine was City & Guilds in motorcycle engineering plus you need to be able to prove that you have been working as a motorcycle mechanic or an allied field after getting you qualification and have been employed in a skilled occupation for at least 12 of the last 24 months. I was listed as a motor mechanic

I guess you would go for a skilled independent 175 visa if so you should download a copy of this book to give you more information Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

and go here to check what you need for the skills test.

Motorcycle Mechanic - 321213

Also it might be worth contacting an agent if you have not already just to ask questions as most of the good ones will give you the first consult free as there are changes coming which may affect you.

Sorry cannot help as regards wages

Guest ben&sharon
    what's the pay like?

Hiya,

My husband is a service manager for Yamaha - the mechanics that he supervises are paid around $25/hr.