Got my Visa, yippee!!!!

Guest leemina

Guest leemina

Hurrah, we got our visa today!!! I've been working nights and so went on the web at 3am and our status had all changed to : applicant approved, we have to be there by 07.03.2012, we're so excited, been a long time coming, this has been our long time plan for 7-8 years. Gonna book flights in the next few days and then work backwards as to when to give notice on house, jobs etc. God so much to do, yippee!!!

Guest karyn1
Hurrah, we got our visa today!!! I've been working nights and so went on the web at 3am and our status had all changed to : applicant approved, we have to be there by 07.03.2012, we're so excited, been a long time coming, this has been our long time plan for 7-8 years. Gonna book flights in the next few days and then work backwards as to when to give notice on house, jobs etc. God so much to do, yippee!!!

Congratulations! Hopefully we won't be too long behind you!:)

Guest leemina

Thanks for the congrats guys, been too excited to sleep today, good job not working tonight, went to zumba instead :) Its been exactly 7 months from lodgement of visa to getting visa, quick really.

Not got a job lined up, not too bothered about getting one prior as sure i'll find one over there (fingers crossed). Gonna contact some hospitals before though.

Gonna book our flights in the next couple of days, shippers are booked to give us quotes in April, and hoping to fly out sometime in August, cant wait!! Lots to do, soooo exciting, its a great feeling to actually have some control instead of waiting for everyone else to do their bit.

Good luck to everyone else awaiting visa, the day will come. I'm gonna be on this site a lot more in the next few months, gonna have lots of questions.

Good luck

Guest RobJ1978

It's great to see a few people on PIA finally getting their visas - it fills everyone, including my family with hope for our visa process. Enjoy your new life, and the challenge of getting your life packed away here for the big move down under, so much to do before you depart eh?

Guest keith&ju

Hiya... that's good news well done! Could you tell me please how long it took from when they said that they had received the meds on line til the date you got the visa granted, as we had our medicals on 25/2/11, they were lodged as being received on 15/3/11 but we are still waiting to find out.... its so nerve wracking!!!

Cheers

Guest leemina
Hiya... that's good news well done! Could you tell me please how long it took from when they said that they had received the meds on line til the date you got the visa granted, as we had our medicals on 25/2/11, they were lodged as being received on 15/3/11 but we are still waiting to find out.... its so nerve wracking!!!

Cheers

Keith&ju - the online system had our meds booked on 16/03/11, and we recieved grant the day after. Have you checked the online application checker??? Hopefully wont be long for you, to be honest we were really shocked we got it so quick as our agent advised us that it could take up to two months from the meds being recieved, good for us though. Good luck.

Guest keith&ju

Hi Simon and Sarah. Glad to see its not just us who have been waiting an age to get their visa!!! We lodged our 176 visa application in December 09 and are still waiting too!! As you guys seem to be in the same waiting boat as us, have you any idea why some applicants seem to get a visa in 2 minutes, whereas some people wait forever (Not that Im jealous or anything!). We got our c/o around the 8th Feb, had meds 25th Feb and they've received them... so we're anxiously waiting to find out ..... When are you planning on emigrating?