Sign in to follow this  
Guest teamV

Moto Gp

Guest teamV

Well it all starts today ,with the first lot of real practice ,Its looking like Stoner's your man with the other Honda riders Dani and Andrea close in behind .lorenzo can't be discounted ever and ben spies is on the works yamaha for the first time.I'm a big Rossi fan, but if he has been keeping his powder dry for the big day ,well he's fooled me good and proper,top six should be on the cards though.

Hopefully a really close season with no one miles in front ,plenty of overtaking and fairing bashing is what we want and no big injuries.If only Stoner could brush up on his people skills ,I think more folks would cheer him on ,you would think he was from England the way he goes on:biglaugh:.

Any suprizes,well Marco Simoncelli is always worth a punt,Nicky Hayden on the same bike as Rossi with very similer times in the last pratice week.Tiger Toni and little Loris are still fighters on a good day ,Cal Cruchlow can't see him being near the front ,cant see him being on the same lap at the end on Sunday ,but I'm normaly wrong and no one knows, so I will be glued to my screen for the next 9 months.

Guest kangomik

Stoner has had his people skills knocked out of him by Ducati and the press, everyone expects so much from him yet no one could ride the bike like him. His parting shots in the last two races of last season where spot on " wait and see what happens when Rossi rides it"

Ducati have thrown everything at this, and more, and quite possibly gone to far. As I understand it they have pulled from WSB just to pay Rossi and his entourage. Don't get me wrong I love rossi, the worlds best rider by far, he has achieved so much no wonder he has such a folowing, I still remember his Elbow down antics in 250's, and hope he will ride the TT one day like Agostini.

The good point you make is that there are many in for the title. Honda riders have something to battle for, three riders means a lot more info on set up.

Spies, dark horse, and thats why he got a factory ride, the force is strong with this one.

Pedrosa is going to be one very old man before he is 30, that man breaks bones to easily and way too often

Hayden having same lap times as Rossi isn't a good thing for either unless they are in 2nd and 3rd spots!

I wish Elias would ride like he used to in the 250's, he used to set the track alight with some of his skills and has struggled on the bigger bikes.

Marco simmoncelli Is fantastic, we pray for the day he can cut his hair, for a big lad he makes those little bikes fly, and with a season under his belt i think you will see a little crazy riding that he is known for, plus he is mates with Rossi so they come from the same mindset.

ANYWAY

What ever happens it's going to be fantastic to see it back on the TV again. If it builds up nicely I may just get those Phillip Island tickets sooner rather than later.

OHHHHHHHHHHH i forgot, the global empire of LORENZO LAND will grow, he won't give that title away easily. Between him and stoner i reckon.

Guest teamV

Kangomik, thats was a great post,good to see i'm not on my own.Ive got my silverstone weekend tickets already ,going to get as many britsh superbike weekends in as poss ,did the tt last year so giving that a miss, but would like to go to the nw200 ,but will have to see.

Hopefully Phillip Island next year ,I can't see any of todays top Motogp riders braving the TT course ,it would mess up there hair and make up:biglaugh:

Guest kangomik

NW 200 now thats dunlop territory. (shear madness)

I got some work mates over here hooked on the TT, and it was backed up last year by being shown on the tv over here. Then I mentioned the NW200, they you tube'd it and thought it was insane.

But don't think you have it all.

Google or your tube , Cementary raceway, or something like that it's held in New Zealand over Christmas. There is some awesome footage from a sidecar that whacks nearly every curb

2009 the super moto boys from Europe turned up, they loved it, but didn't understand quali on xmas eve and race on boxing day.

Make the most of your final year of motorsport in the UK.................. 8 hours is a local meet over here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest kangomik

One down a few more to go:biglaugh:

I didn't watch it live and i can't see it listed this week.

Quali was good though, was that man Stoner really trying?;)

Guest teamV

Thats was an easy one to predict ,also stoner came accross a lot better than normal ,must be a great feeling wining on a new bike with the whole year in front of you.Cal did a lot better than I thought ,but the real racing starts now ,not a track that you've been riding round for 2 week's.