Guest Guest5035

Is this beer any good??

Guest Guest5035

oettinger pils, is a german beer,i've seen this advertised in BWS for $42 for a slab of 24, but its 500ml cans against the normal 330 or 375. wondering if its any good as its cheap, i see on the website its 4.7 alch which is the normal, any views.

Stevo

Guest Squareman

Embrace the research opportunity and get back to us with YOUR opinion! LOL

Guest kangomik

If it says BEER on the can it must be good.

You can sometimes get 500ml Amsterdam 24 case for 37 bucks Dan Murphy's and 40 Bux BWs.......... confusing as they are the same company!

Stevo - my hubby buys it - & says for somebody who enjoys European beer - it's better than Aussie Pale Ale & it's a pint ! It's a Pilsner so it's in the style of a Northern German beer ( so if you like German beer you will not be disappointed - plus its imported ( and sold at Dan Murphy's too !) Buy a can & see if you like it.

I've had Oettinger - didn't think that much of it tbh. Bland. Imagine a weak Heineken. It's not gross though but still lies well short of proper beer imho.

You can buy a 24 slab of 500ml Amsterdam's from Dan Murphys for $40 and that's pretty much the same standard. Blue can. Point to note - should you ever see this in either a red or a green can then buy it instantly. The red is 10.6% and the green is 11.7%. Makes Special Brew look like Skol.

Guest Damien

I had some bought for me. don't want to sound ungrateful but it was CRAP. But then I can't find a decent beer I like here, just started on cider which ain't too bad....the wine is great though!

Sorry,but it's raw and unpleasant.The better ones that are affordable IMO are Chang(5%)and my latest flame:notworthy:Lowenbrau(5.2%)!Both are 40 bucks in Dan Murphys and quite tasty.The Tooheys Platinum(6.5%)is sometimes on offer there and is excellent ice cold,soon get's you where you wanna be!!!!:v_SPIN::D

Guest Guest5035

Well i bought a slab last night and thought it was good value size wise and taste wise not bad either.

Stevo