JimandBarbinAus

Where do we go to change our license??

Hi all,

My wife and I have recently received our PR visa and we are planning to make the make in June 2012. However, we were wondering where we will need to go to get our UK driving licenses transfered to Aussie ones, what forms do we need and what are the costings involved? any help will be really appreciated.

Regards

Guest cornish Busdriver

Just go into any Service SA building and prepare for a long wait.

They will give you the forms as soon as you walk in the door to fill them in before you get to the desk.

Hand over you UK licence (you get it back), your form, price depends on how long you want the licence to run for and then get your pic taken and dont forget to smile for it.

Then wait about a week for it to come through the post.

NOTE: ONLY CAR AND MOTORCYCLE licences can be exchanged, all other classes and types are not valid here.

Guest sarahtwinn82

Before you worry about Licences get your medicare card and your Tax File number.

Guest difflock13

NOTE: ONLY CAR AND MOTORCYCLE licences can be exchanged, all other classes and types are not valid here.

i have a hgv licence here in the uk does it mean there is no point in looking at driving work in oz until i sit a aus hgv driving test???

Guest difflock13
    i have a hgv licence here in the uk does it mean there is no point in looking at driving work in oz until i sit a aus hgv driving test???

anyone?????

:confused:

Guest Liz Hatton
    Just go into any Service SA building and prepare for a long wait.

They will give you the forms as soon as you walk in the door to fill them in before you get to the desk.

Hand over you UK licence (you get it back), your form, price depends on how long you want the licence to run for and then get your pic taken and dont forget to smile for it.

Then wait about a week for it to come through the post.

Just a heads up, when we first arrived we bought a new car rather than second hand (as wasnt sure about the no MOT thing) and were not aware that you cant register it without having an Aus licence, so when we came to actually pay for the car it was a bit of a night mare - luckily when we explained this to the lady at Service SA they made up our licences there and then while we waited (took about 15 minutes) and the guys at Ford lent us a car as we had already arranged for the hire car to go back! In all they couldnt have been more helpfull, just another one of those things that happen when you first arrive!