Guest Dale

wills

Guest Dale

Hi there,

Does anyone have any suggestions on who to use for wills in Adelaide? At the moment it is just hubby and me, but we have a baby on the way so would like to get everything sorted out.

Thanks

Dalene

Guest Guest75

You can buy a DIY will kit from most post offices. If you have clear instructions that will be the way to go.

Just be advised that writing a will is not difficult but most do not do it.Home made wills are okay but they can be easily contested and argued in court you may be better to pay a solicitor around 150 bucks to complete one on your behalf.

If you have a will contested it can lay in probate for years and if all else fails I believe the state can claim your goods if no will was made and no beneficiary are known..

I can certainly give you details of one I would use,Pm id your interested

Yep agreed. Don't do your own it's a big mistake. Usually with wills, the outlay initially isn't a lot because they are often used to gain goodwill with clients for if they need a solicitor for something else. Loss leaders is the word I am looking for. Particularly with family in the UK, possibly assets in the UK, I'd say making a will in Australia when you've moved from the UK you really should use a lawyer. Just shop around and use friends' recommendations. Silly mistakes can happen, like beneficiaries acting as witnesses or improper execution of the document which will really mess the whole thing up and either void bequests completely or worse end up in intestacy.