Sign in to follow this  
Guest jill wright

Must have residency????

Guest jill wright

Hi everyone:o

We are awaiting sa state sponsorship at mo but have been having a look around the job front over in Adelaide via the net. However my husband Phil is looking for a job as a baker and many jobs advertised in the local paper there state 'must have residency'. As we will be going over on the state regional temporary visa does this mean he has little chance of getting a job until we get a permanent visa in two years time

Please advise anyone who can as obviously gaining employment is a major worry

Thanks The Wrights West Yorkshire:):)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

The answer to this is very open ended Im afraid.

I know people who have been given temp residency visa (SIR) only to get here and find they cant DO the job they have come to do:wacko:. Another problem with the state sponsership in this country....yes i CAN HEAR YOU ALL SHOUT NOW!!! But that is sometimes the way it is. I have to say I havent looked at baker jobs, will have a squizz tomorow.

Sarah

Guest jill wright

Hi Sarah

Thanks for reply would be great if you could do that its all abit daunting (Hallett Cove is one of the places we are thinking of heading by the way)

Cheers again JIll (dashing to work )

Guest dglamoore

We are on an SIR and have a few friends on it and all have work no problems. There is a letter you can print for potential employers explaining your work rights which should clear up any misunderstandings.

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/pdfs/sir/sir_employers_letter.pdf

I think by 'must have residency' a lot of companies simply mean you must live in Australia and be on a visa which allows you to work. Hope this helps a bit

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Didnt notice any saying must have residency in the Advertiser this week, hope that helps

sarah

Guest jill wright

Hi Sarah/Ian

Do you mean bakers jobs in particular or any vacancy???

Thanks very much for taking a look

Jill Phi; Lucy Daniel and Thomas

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    Hi Sarah/Ian

Do you mean bakers jobs in particular or any vacancy???

Thanks very much for taking a look

Jill Phi; Lucy Daniel and Thomas

Most things in general, some say you must be a citizen, that is mostly airline or defence work though. Some say residency, but that seems very rare in the 18 mths I have looking in the job pages! Probably what Lisa said about having the right visa to work is what it means.

I havent met anyone who has said they cant get a job because they are temp, but I have met people on the temp visa who cant get a job because they are not a citizen.

sarah

Guest salisbury massive

Some employers like you to have permanent residency. Most government jobs insist you have citizenship. As long as your visa says you are able to work then you will be fine.

Guest Denise 42

hi

i came out on temp visa 457 and my husband on the same and he can do all most anything on it

hope this helps