Guest ebstar

meds and tattoos

Guest ebstar

Hi, does anyone know if you require further blood tests etc if you have tattoos?I am booking our meds on monday and oh decided to get a rather large tattoo yesterday.Even though his better half asked him to wait until after meds!Will he have to wait or have repeated bloods to follow? thanks Ebstar

Guest The Dimmocks

It Hep B I think. me and Oh both had to have it. Not sure whether it would make a difference with it being a recent tattoo though.

Hi, does anyone know if you require further blood tests etc if you have tattoos?I am booking our meds on monday and oh decided to get a rather large tattoo yesterday.Even though his better half asked him to wait until after meds!Will he have to wait or have repeated bloods to follow? thanks Ebstar

My hubby and i both have tattoos and had to have hep b and hep c .

Guest china

I think it depends how big the tattoo is, and whether you had it done in the UK. My OH has a couple and wasn't required to have any further tests, I think it is sort of up to the doctor's discretion. But if you do it is only an extra £39 I think, so not too much to worry about. :)

Guest Squareman

As a board-certified medical officer, I must also advise you that we are obliged to report the tattoos to Immigration. This information will be included in your Character Assessment and could count against you. Any tribal, science-fiction work eg dragons and the like, football team or pop culture tattoos will have a negative impact on your application. Please tell me what tattoo you have so that I can advise you accordingly.

Dr. Lai Ying

OOOH, Dr LYING;

funny but not very helpful........imo!

Having said that, tattos should be disclosed as a matter of course as distinguishing features; this is true for pasport applications, migration and in some cases job applications..........

Guest get carter

Hi ,we had our medicals last week and didnt have any extra blood tests ,just the one for HIV,me and my husband have got tattoos and were just asked by the doctor if we got them done in this country ,i think its down to the doctor, hope this helps.

Guest The Dimmocks

Must be down to the doctor as both mine and hubbys are over 14 years old and both done in UK, we had to have extra blood tests.

Guest china
    As a board-certified medical officer, I must also advise you that we are obliged to report the tattoos to Immigration. This information will be included in your Character Assessment and could count against you. Any tribal, science-fiction work eg dragons and the like, football team or pop culture tattoos will have a negative impact on your application. Please tell me what tattoo you have so that I can advise you accordingly.

Dr. Lai Ying

I am guessing this is a joke? Obviously the doctor saw the tatoos seeing as he was in his pants! :D

Guest helene73

Dr. Lai Ying

Lmao that nearly had me running for some cover ups :)