Sign in to follow this  
Guest pixie7

teacher pay

Guest pixie7

Hi not too sure if I've posted this in correct place:dull:

I was hoping someone could help and tell me about the wage scales in Adelaide for Primary teachers? Permanent and casual/agency.

I realise jobs are pretty hard to come by but just interested to know

Guest Nick11

How long have you been teaching. It ranges from about $230 to $350 a day depending on your experience...that is casual relief teaching from DECS.

Catholic schools and recruitment agencies pay less.

Teaching permanently ranges from about $55- $80 GRAND PER YEAR for DECS.

Guest pixie7

Hi thanks for that, I'm on pay scale 5 here so will probably in 6th year of teaching when I go. How hard have you found getting a job? I'm happy to do supply/relief teaching if I can get enough.

Guest Nick11

Impossible to find a job in adelaide..however if you are prepared to live in Whyalla, Mount Gambier, etc you will probably be able to secure a job with DECS. These are about 10 hours from Adelaide in rural areas.

Personally I hate relief teaching with a vengance so have got out. It is very mixed getting relief work. If you are the major bread winner..it can be a worry.

Guest pixie7

Hi yeah i've heard how hard it is to get a job, my OH is main earner (IT) so we will probably go where he can get work. Im saying I don't mind relief teaching now but I'm sure I will get pretty fed up of it in reality! Have to see how it goes. Wanted to be in Adelaide really.:)