We did it!!!

Guest yisawoo

Guest yisawoo

Hi All,

Don't know if any of you remember us from the Lincoln meet, but me John and Oliver were saying we hoped to be in Adelaide by October, and we arrived on 19th October.

We had a 29hr flight stopping at Dubai and Perth which was long but ok.However the next 2 days are a blur, we have never experienced anything like jet lag b4.

We have been here just under 5 weeks now and are both working and Oliver is in nursery. I have a Daewoo and John has a ute. We are living in a unit for 6 months and will decide where to live after that.

Last week there were a few days in the 30's but it's amazing how quickly you adjust. Air con is essential.

Is there anything we really miss? Only Yorkies and Hob nobs and walkers crisps,:D.

If there is anything anyone would like to ask I will try to answer while things are still fresh in my mind.

Kind Regards

the yisawoos

ps, I've stroked a koala!!!!

oh wow, you kept that one quiet ;) - but congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

and i do remember you from the meet; we did share a parasol after all :cute:

so how is the settling in going? where did you stay for the first few weeks?

what area are you in now?

:jiggy: you offered!

Great to hear from you. Was wondering how you were getting on after we met. Where abouts are you working and living?

Glad the flight went well, who did you fly with? what was it like flying with a little one, we are dreading flying with our 4!!

Tracey

Guest everhopeful

Hi,

Only been there five weeks and talking like an Aussie already! Ute! Unit!

Just a tip for you although you can't take in food items when you visit I have sent things to my rellies (another Aussieism) by marking the parcel as sample only. For some reason customs let these in. They missed Birds custard and Caramac.

Glad you are enjoying the weather, we're just entering the cold snaps.

Joanna

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Theres a little shop in Genelg, called the lolly shop I think and they sell lots of English things like walkers crisps and yorkies etc. Its quite expensive but well worth it for a treat! I bought a jar of english marmite there and my son a packet of polo's. It cost us $10.

Anyway, hope you are settling in ok, Merry Christmas

Wendy