Sign in to follow this  
Guest WAITINGAME

Joiners !!! Advice Pls

Guest WAITINGAME

Hi All

We are planning the move over pretty soon, not exact date but probably in the next 6-9 months.

My OH is a Joiner done all aspects of Joinery, Windows, Doors, Conservatorys, Bar Work etc... plus fitting on site.

I am basically wondering what the work load it like in Adelaide? is there any?

and whats the pay like etc.

Thanks for your help

Lindsey & Spen

Guest kangomik

ahhhh the pay again.

A topic like this should be made sticky, there seems to be an influx of people using the site that are due to arrive in the next 12 months.

Work over here is available, being good at your job is the difference between having one job offer and several.

It's a country built on wood, and there's pleanty of building going on. So

If he's good, he will be busy. The busier he is the more money he earns.

Look at Seek.com for a salary check.... I reckon between 25 to 35 bux an hour............. BUT

I am not a joiner

9 months, wow be here in time for summer

Guest WAITINGAME
    ahhhh the pay again.

A topic like this should be made sticky, there seems to be an influx of people using the site that are due to arrive in the next 12 months.

Work over here is available, being good at your job is the difference between having one job offer and several.

It's a country built on wood, and there's pleanty of building going on. So

If he's good, he will be busy. The busier he is the more money he earns.

Look at Seek.com for a salary check.... I reckon between 25 to 35 bux an hour............. BUT

I am not a joiner

9 months, wow be here in time for summer

Thanks for the advice...to be honest am crapping myself now incase he cant find work etc.

Am coming with two children and the last thing i want is them two lovely boys to suffer.

I really hope he can find work within 3-4 weeks of getting there. He is quite determing and never been out of work in the UK, been doing joinery here for 20 yrs.

When he has come out of work due to redundancy he has worked hard to find another straight away.....he said he will do anything really to get money coming in.

Thanks again