State Sponsorship Proof of Funds/Finance

Guest Daniello

Guest Daniello

Hi everyone,

New here - just joined PIO and thought I'd join here too as it looks like the visa we will be applying for is a 176 SS SOL4 (Primary Teacher) and therefore hope to be sponsored by SA. I have been reading up about state sponsorship and am now very worried as it states something about proof of financial capacity (AU$25k + $5k per extra applicant). Well, we don't have this at the moment, we will have (or near enough) by the time we hope to move (I've given this a timeline of 12 months for VISA and 6 months to sort things/say goodbye). But it is not money from assets, it will be money from saving our salaries (which we are CERTAIN we will be able to do). So basically, I have no solid proof.

I noticed that proof of funds is not on the document list for SS, so do they even require proof? If so, what can I do to get around this/sort it? HELP!!!!

Dani xx

Guest The Standrings

Hi

If its any help we have just submitted our SS without proof of funds. We too have not the amount currently or will therabouts when we actually (hopefully) get there!

Hi Daniello you need to say you have funds, they dont check but if you get there and dont have enough money to live why bother. They are trying to make sure your prepared for new life, save as much as you can you will need every penny. I got SS this morning really exited and they never checked funds, I do have them though. We put min amount $25k + $10k for 2 dependants, we could take more but exchange rate really bad so leaving money here in UK.

Guest Daniello

Well, I'm certain we will have the funds. We just don't yet! And because we are saving the funds as opposed to selling our assets to retrieve the funds, we have no proof of how we would get the funds.

Well, I'm certain we will have the funds. We just don't yet! And because we are saving the funds as opposed to selling our assets to retrieve the funds, we have no proof of how we would get the funds.

Hi Daniello

If it helps. Me and my OH are in the same position as you. We dont gave any assets. We are saving our salarys as much as we can. On the SS online form it asks you how much you will have when you migrate. We have not had a response yet on our SS, We only submitted a week or so ago. I will let you know how we got on if that helps. Welcome to PIA by the way

Nat & Gaz

Guest Steph&Lee

hi,

Apparently no-one actually checks you have these funds. we are the same and we were told that they have not known them check...even at time of leaving!

Steph

Guest Adelaide_bound

We;re the same - some of the money will come from selling stuff off (lots and lots of very cheap things rather than any big tag items really), some will come from Rob taking on a bit of extra work here and there for hefty sums, but on paper at the moment it doesn't look like we are a good bet as far as SA are probably concerned. But we will have it before we go, its the thing really governing when we get there really - if we don't have funds for 6 months rent and 2-3 months living, we ain't going until we do, no matter how desperate we are to get there, as there isn't any point in killing ourselves once there we think. That's what we're leaving here for really.