Guest Paula H

White card question

Guest Paula H

Hi all,

Can you advise what my OH (Carpenter) would need to start work in Adelaide.

Would it just be a white card if working for a company? and if so how much is it and where can he get one from.

thank you x

A white card is required if you need to work on a construction site. Don't go for the online ones, book yourself on a one day course with a training company. There are lots of them in Adelaide, you will have to google to find one close to you.

Guest kangomik

Some employment agencies will do it for you for free.................. but i don't know what the pro's and con's are with this

Guest Damien

Hi,

You do need a white card to work on site. You don't need a license if you work for a contractor, even if you subbie for them (they sign the contract with the builder/developer and have to show their license and insurance so the responsibility lays with them).

You only need a license if you want to be a contractor, ie quote for work, invoice etc.

Guest The Dimmocks

My hubby just got his white card in Lonsdale (down south) with ATEC. Here is link to their website

Home

If you have a CITB card you get it cheaper.

Guest WAITINGAME
    My hubby just got his white card in Lonsdale (down south) with ATEC. Here is link to their website

Home

If you have a CITB card you get it cheaper.

Did Justin applied under Carpenter or Joiner? Do you know if joiners need one of these white cards or is it just for site work? how much are the approx

Thanks

Guest The Dimmocks
    Did Justin applied under Carpenter or Joiner? Do you know if joiners need one of these white cards or is it just for site work? how much are the approx

Thanks

Justin applied Joiner. He only just got his white card. He didnt really need it for his last job, he used his UK version on the few occassions he was asked and site managers accepted that. As he was out of work he decided to get one as lots of jobs ask for them, it lasts a life time so worth getting. It cost $109 but got $80 back with CITB card. Less than a days course and was more like an information session rather than a test. Justin wanted a temporary one and man wrote him one out before the day started so pretty simple.

xx Hope all that makes sense LOL

Guest WAITINGAME
    Justin applied Joiner. He only just got his white card. He didnt really need it for his last job, he used his UK version on the few occassions he was asked and site managers accepted that. As he was out of work he decided to get one as lots of jobs ask for them, it lasts a life time so worth getting. It cost $109 but got $80 back with CITB card. Less than a days course and was more like an information session rather than a test. Justin wanted a temporary one and man wrote him one out before the day started so pretty simple.

xx Hope all that makes sense LOL

Whats a CITB card...well i will google it now

Guest Paula H
    hi the hia or master builders were the cheapest when i did mine last year.

Thank you

How much was it and how long did it take? Did you find getting work easy?

Guest guest569
    Hi,

You do need a white card to work on site. You don't need a license if you work for a contractor, even if you subbie for them (they sign the contract with the builder/developer and have to show their license and insurance so the responsibility lays with them).

You only need a license if you want to be a contractor, ie quote for work, invoice etc.

I think you wrong there mate, as long as your self employed quoting for work or not you still need a liscence.If you are subcontracting and only work for that company then you need to supplying some materials or you fall into the grey area of should the company really be employing you as an employee or as a subby ???

Guest guest569

Let me just clarify. If you sub contract to a company then that company will make you sighn a contract to them that you will work to their standards and be responsible for all your own work ect.. ect... so that is why you still need a contractors liscence. you even need a supervisers liscence if you work on your own !!!!:arghh: Its all about revenue i'm afraid !!!:policeman: