Sign in to follow this  
Guest mOZzy

shipping - packing questions!

Guest mOZzy

just wondering the ones who've shipped their stuff already.

did you dismantle any furniture possible (flatpack)?

if so who did? you yourselves or the packers??

on the other hand: if you had say a complete chest of drawers could you pack that one full with stuff to save on space somewhere else??

washing machine and dryer: i take it there are certain things you have to do to them?

and tools: how did you clean yours??

thanks as always :cute:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    just wondering the ones who've shipped their stuff already.

did you dismantle any furniture possible (flatpack)?

if so who did? you yourselves or the packers??

on the other hand: if you had say a complete chest of drawers could you pack that one full with stuff to save on space somewhere else??

washing machine and dryer: i take it there are certain things you have to do to them?

and tools: how did you clean yours??

thanks as always :cute:

Hi,

Our packers dismantled any furniture( removing legs from dining table etc.)

Packers will utilise space themselves making sure no item is to heavy

Washing machine replace transit bolts (no where the hell have we put them:shocked:)

Tools make sure there is no earth, sawdust etc, I gave mine a good spray of WD40

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest dglamoore

Hi Susi

We had to dismantle furniture ourselves so may be worth checking with your shippers if they do this or not.

Draws/cupboards of any sort will filled with as much stuff (light of course!) as possible to make use of the 'dead' space.

Washing machine we had lost the transit bolts so could not bring - was gutted as fairly new but good reason to buy another over here I guess and managed to sell ours :cute:

Tools we just cleaned off as much as possible and they got through ok - and believe me Gregs were still black with polishing dust and nothign was said. Just make sure no 'natural' dirt ie soil, wood etc

Good luck and make sure when they do arrive you have lots of teabags/milk/choccie biccies :biglaugh:

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest donna T

Our packers (Bishops Move who were excellent by the way) packed everything like wardrobes/drawers out with cushions / bedding/towels etc to ustilise space and to keep things from moving about too much.

They dismantled legs from tables etc bit didn't put them back thogether at this end so make sure you know where all the nuts and bolts go!

Good luck

Donna

x

Guest Russfamily

the reason for dismantaling your goods is because u pay for space not weight and yes pack those draws full of goods use every space available.