Guest paulbrown85

Child Visa query? Help needed

Guest paulbrown85

Can anyone help please,

myself fiance and 3 year old all have our resident visas, we just need to get one now for our 1 year old, as we originally got our visa's before she was born, it says on the gov website that a child visa 101 is needed, which when looked into breaks down into form 40ch and 47ch, i've started these forms but have already come across a problem on the second page after saying our child is a natural child it takes you to section f which reads 'attach a certified copy of the court order giving you sole legal right to determine where the child shall live or the right to remove the child from the country' Surely this isn't neccesary for our own child?? have we got the right forms??

Can anyone help please,

myself fiance and 3 year old all have our resident visas, we just need to get one now for our 1 year old, as we originally got our visa's before she was born, it says on the gov website that a child visa 101 is needed, which when looked into breaks down into form 40ch and 47ch, i've started these forms but have already come across a problem on the second page after saying our child is a natural child it takes you to section f which reads 'attach a certified copy of the court order giving you sole legal right to determine where the child shall live or the right to remove the child from the country' Surely this isn't neccesary for our own child?? have we got the right forms??

Hi there

No, it is not necessary in your own case. Just put N/A and then at the end of the form, remind them that you two are the child's biological parents, as revealed by her birth certificate, so you do not need anyone else's permission to take her out of the UK.

Cheers

Gill

Guest m.jephcott

We had to fill out a statutory declaration as only one parent fills out the form. This needs to be witnessed by a solicitor. It sounds silly, but I was told it was neccessay even though we were both emigrating with the children. We got the visas last year so, I don't think this will have changed. I also took advise from a migration agent who emailed me what to write, I paid the agent on an hourly rate and the phone call took about 15 minutes. I also cleared up any other questions I was unsure of.