Guest jaxndel

housing

Guest jaxndel

How long do you have to live in Adelaide for before you can purchase a home. Also do you have to buy brand new houses? :arghh:

I know of some people who have built houses from back in the UK.....each to their own but i wouldnt do it.

There is lots of older housing out here its all down to the individual really.....alot depends on how soon you find work and the hours and the money your earning....also how much cash you bring with you can help too.

There are some money guys who pop on here every now and again whom are always willing to offer help and advice.

HG

Guest cornish Busdriver

I would say give it 6 months to get settled in a job before thinking about buying as you might change your minds on different areas.

New houses are more and very affordable than you could ever imagaine but the plots are tiny.

Im looking at buying at the moment but looking for an older house as i want a garden.

Take a look on www.realestate.com.au to get an idea of prices in different areas.

Hi

You can buy a house whenever you want (you may need permission if you are temp).

As Heaps says some people buy from the UK.

However if you require a mortgage then there may be restrictions depending on your individual circumstances.

That said if you are in a job in Australian that was the same role or industry as in the UK and were in that role/industry more than 2 years, (subject to income, deposit etc) then it is possible to achieve a mortgage, pretty much straight away.

Regards

Andy

You can purchase a house straight away,we baught one after 3 months.No you dont have to buy a new house but there are lots being built at the moment!

Mortgages and finding a suitable property aside, there used to be Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) constraints for temporary residents but these changed awhile back, which I think is what Andy refers to. Getting the approval was pretty much a formality, but an added step in the process that most don't have to go through; not sure what the present situation is, but for anyone who's coming here on a temporary visa a quick search about FIRB would answer it.

Jim

Mortgages and finding a suitable property aside, there used to be Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) constraints for temporary residents but these changed awhile back, which I think is what Andy refers to. Getting the approval was pretty much a formality, but an added step in the process that most don't have to go through; not sure what the present situation is, but for anyone who's coming here on a temporary visa a quick search about FIRB would answer it.

Jim

Yes Jim FIRB approval is required if you are a non resident. It was rescinded but later reintroduced, although it is relatively easy and straightforward to get approval.

Regards,

Howard.

I know of some people who have built houses from back in the UK.....each to their own but i wouldnt do it.

There is lots of older housing out here its all down to the individual really.....alot depends on how soon you find work and the hours and the money your earning....also how much cash you bring with you can help too.

There are some money guys who pop on here every now and again whom are always willing to offer help and advice.

HG

How did it fit in the container? :daydreaming: