Guest mark&rachel

What to have on a BBQ

Guest mark&rachel

Seen as 2mo could be the last possible bbq weather of this summer, what do you have on yours apart from the obvious sausages and burgers?

Ribs, pork chops, Chevapchichi, roo, lamb...i try and keep away from doing chickien on the bbq as it sticks alot...but thats just me....

Swordfish, Marlin, those aree for very special occcasions or when the mrs can get them cheap....

Play around with seasoning and marinades....its good to experiment.

HG

We use our outdoor barbie pretty much year round. Far better to cook anything like fish out there as it doesn't make the whole kitchen smell that way! OH keeps threatening to do his homebrew out there too but in the meantime that does stink out my whole house!!

If you have any veggies over, haloumi kebabs are good - haloumi cheese, cherry tomatoes, button mushrooms and a chunk of onion threaded onto a skewer - yum!

Oh, and barbecued breakfast fry ups are the best!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Anything and everything but ive never seen a burger on a barbie here.

I do a lot of fish on mine even though i cant eat it !!!!!!!

Onions (which have been sprinkled with sugar), thinly sliced potatoes, capsicum and eggplant with a bit of olive oil (along with the steak, burgers and sausages), but obviously only if you've got a plate on the BBQ. We had this at a BBQ in Italy, delizioso!

Guest Nick11

We use our bbq all year round..some of our best and most memorable parties have been in winter with the barbie and chiminere going...my mate Stoo cooks a wicked curried kangeroo kebab!!!!

We've got some friends who just seem to be experts at keeping their BBQ pristine and doing things on it like pancakes for breakfast... again, all year round. There must be books on things like that, I was thinking of having a look (and asking them for some ideas if I am feeling humble enough...).

Question- do you all clean your BBQ after you've just used it (like our friends!!!) or before you use it (ie from last time... like us...???!!!)

Guest Guest75

Breakfasts are nice on the BBQ?

Steak and eggs - yum!!

Sorry back to the main topic.

Make your own kebabs, we use soaked wooden skewers (don't burn then) and shove as much chicken/ peppers/mushrooms/onions and stuff on as poss. Smother in olive oil/soy sauce,sesame oil, salt and pepper!

Yum!:biglaugh: