leelee53

SS Application Form Cover Sheet Query!

Hi,

Im just busy completing my application for SS as we speak, and notice that on the check list it says, 'the application cover sheet must be signed and witnessed'. My query is, who can witness the signing? Does it have to be a professional person? Just want to be prepared for when I finally get to submitting my application!

Thanks,

Lisa

Guest Claire

Hey Lisa,

We got a solicitor to witness ours, but I have heard of others using a collegue or friend, check the SS timeline thread pretty sure someone mentioned it there, around page 50 or so!!

Hope this helps!

Claire xx

Guest Mizzmp

We used a solicitor as then you know your deffo ok.

We posted our docs thro DHL and it cost £33 but well worth it. It arrive within 5 working days and when we logged in to see our status it said "complete set of documents rcvd" on the day they actually got signed for when delivered! Very impressed. Just waiting for answer now.

Good luck.

Guest Opportunities

Hi,

We got ours signed by a friend as I am sure they mentioned on the form it must not be a family member. A solicitor will definitely be in order.

We are in South Africa and also made use of DHL, it cost us R550,00 (+-50 pounds), but worth every cent. Our SS application was collected Tuesday close of business and delivered Monday morning at 9:00 am, signed and acknowledged by South Australia!

Good luck!

Karen

Guest leeannekays

Hi , We sent ours last week and got told it can be signed by anyone we know but NOT a family member. We got a friend to witness it.