Sign in to follow this  
Guest helene73

Proof of funds for SS

Guest helene73

Hi guys can anyone tell me if they had to prove funds for SS?

Bit worried about this as I have it but it's all tied up in assets.

Guest Guest6899

You dont have to prove it when you apply for ss but they expect you to have it available when you arrive in SA. However i have not read any posts where they have been asked by the goverment to show they have the money on arrival.

Lisa

p.s we love Scarborough why you want to leave??

Guest jaxndel
    Hi guys can anyone tell me if they had to prove funds for SS?

Bit worried about this as I have it but it's all tied up in assets.

Don't worry. I haven't heard of anyone having to prove funds. I think most people are in the same situation as you. Well we are for sure. Just waiting for the house to sell. Good luck with everything. Jackie

Guest helene73

Thank you so much guys I was worried as my VA told me to fill in the figures needed and like I say it all assets this is such a relief :)))

Guest helene73
    You dont have to prove it when you apply for ss but they expect you to have it available when you arrive in SA. However i have not read any posts where they have been asked by the goverment to show they have the money on arrival.

Lisa

p.s we love Scarborough why you want to leave??

Thank you :) I have lived in scarborough nearly 20 years and it's time to move on

Oz/ scarborough no brainer lol

Scarborough is a nice place to visit for a day or so but living here is a different matter high unemployment, streets over run with chavs and druggie's I don't feel safe here anymore suppose it's just the same in other parts of the UK !!! Just walking past the post office in the centre of town you take your life in your hands, drunks and druggies fighting and ready to mug you. Thanks for you advice once again I will sleep tonight now lol :) x

Guest helene73
    Don't worry. I haven't heard of anyone having to prove funds. I think most people are in the same situation as you. Well we are for sure. Just waiting for the house to sell. Good luck with everything. Jackie

Thank you :) gonna sleep better tonight now :) good luck selling your house. When are you going out? :) x

Guest SUPERSTARDJ01

So what your saying is that suppose you have no assets and only half the stated amount to live and you declare to the oz government you have the full amount, they will not check?

Surely this is just playing with fire?

Guest Guest6899
    So what your saying is that suppose you have no assets and only half the stated amount to live and you declare to the oz government you have the full amount, they will not check?

Surely this is just playing with fire?

Its quite clear about the amount you are required to have when you arrive in SA (check the website for personal amounts) ours is $40,000. we will have this amount im not willing to risk it but many on PIA & PIO have not had the correct amount and luckily they have not checked.

Lisa

Guest SUPERSTARDJ01
    Its quite clear about the amount you are required to have when you arrive in SA (check the website for personal amounts) ours is $40,000. we will have this amount im not willing to risk it but many on PIA & PIO have not had the correct amount and luckily they have not checked.

Lisa

I understand and was not saying it's the thing to do, works out we will need £28,000. :eek:

Guest helene73
    I understand and was not saying it's the thing to do, works out we will need £28,000. :eek:

Who has that!!!!

My cash is tied up in the house and my business which when sold will more than satisfy the requirements and some, we have some savings but no wear near what they are asking for, so the way I see it is that it worth taking a small risk of them asking for proof. If I get granted a visa I will have meet the requirements when we enter the country :)