Guest The Standalofts

Visa Granted!!! Hubby thinks its an April Fool....

Guest The Standalofts

Hi all

Thought I would share our good news with you - we got word from our agent this morning that our 176 Visa was granted (yippee). Once I was able to talk I phoned my OH to share the good news with him and he thought I was playing an April fool on him!

I have spent the day going from crying, to laughing to crying again. We have put the Champagne in the fridge to celebrate tonight.

We only done our medicals on the 7th March so hopefully folks who are still waiting will hear back soon – good luck!

Guest harrison clan

Congratulations!! Enjoy your champagne :D

Guest guest3462

Congratulations!!! Welcome to sunnyville!! :-) x

Guest littlem

Congratulations! Best April fool trick ever :-)))) good luck with the next stage of the adventure x

Congratulations! Best April fool trick ever :-)))) good luck with the next stage of the adventure x

Our email arrived at 10.00pm last night - we've got our CO too (at least 5 months earlier than we we originally told)

Best April Fool ever ...........:o

Guest fatman
    Hi all

Thought I would share our good news with you - we got word from our agent this morning that our 176 Visa was granted (yippee). Once I was able to talk I phoned my OH to share the good news with him and he thought I was playing an April fool on him!

I have spent the day going from crying, to laughing to crying again. We have put the Champagne in the fridge to celebrate tonight.

We only done our medicals on the 7th March so hopefully folks who are still waiting will hear back soon – good luck!

Hello there!!! :o

Congrats Standalofts family!!! bet you are all of a dither ha ha ha... Visa's were proccessed quickly after your Meds eh!! we had our Meds (Edinburgh) 25th March ... We still need to sell our house, as soon as our Visa's come through we will be making plans to move to Adelaide asap... thought we had sold our house last month, turned out to be family of chancers (offered us £60,000 UNDER our fixed price!! GRRrr)... good luck with your plans to make the big move!! I think the tears/laughter/confusion is all very normal eh? I have many many tearful days and we haven't left yet!! we have two grown up daughters who live away from home.... a 12 yr old daughter keeps saying she doesn't want to move... and our beautiful precious 3 yr Grandaughter (God knows how I will cope saying goodbye to my little Grandaughter...).... Of course I realise our kids fly the nest and we have to live for our own little family unit now, which is just our 12 yr old..... BUT ITS HARD and pulls your emotions all over the place!!! .......... Being very positive, hopefully the others will follow us over to Adelaide one day!!

Anyhow Standalofts, hope you enjoyed that bottle of bubbly!! well done you guys!!

Cheerio and have a good weekend!

Graham, Janis & Sophie (Aberdeenshire, Scotland.... still COLD!!) :jiggy:

Guest The Standalofts
    Hello there!!! :o

Congrats Standalofts family!!! bet you are all of a dither ha ha ha... Visa's were proccessed quickly after your Meds eh!! we had our Meds (Edinburgh) 25th March ... We still need to sell our house, as soon as our Visa's come through we will be making plans to move to Adelaide asap... thought we had sold our house last month, turned out to be family of chancers (offered us £60,000 UNDER our fixed price!! GRRrr)... good luck with your plans to make the big move!! I think the tears/laughter/confusion is all very normal eh? I have many many tearful days and we haven't left yet!! we have two grown up daughters who live away from home.... a 12 yr old daughter keeps saying she doesn't want to move... and our beautiful precious 3 yr Grandaughter (God knows how I will cope saying goodbye to my little Grandaughter...).... Of course I realise our kids fly the nest and we have to live for our own little family unit now, which is just our 12 yr old..... BUT ITS HARD and pulls your emotions all over the place!!! .......... Being very positive, hopefully the others will follow us over to Adelaide one day!!

Anyhow Standalofts, hope you enjoyed that bottle of bubbly!! well done you guys!!

Cheerio and have a good weekend!

Graham, Janis & Sophie (Aberdeenshire, Scotland.... still COLD!!) :jiggy:

Hi Graham & Janis

Isn’t it such an emotional rollercoaster! My family have known since day one about us applying but I think it’s suddenly real for them now. We only told Jimmy’s mum today as she has dementia and she was really positive for us and said she thought we were doing the right thing which was lovely to hear. We have 2 flats to sell, we put the smaller one on the market at the start of the month and will put the one we are living in on the market in the next week or so, really apprehensive about selling up as our market here is really slow, we desperately hope they will sell quickly but have no control over it.

Will keep our fingers crossed that you get everything completed very soon and you get your house sold.

Lesley & Jimmy

Guest wayney34

:)congratulations.........we are just at the start of the journey so have all the emotional roller coaster rides to take yet. anyhow i hope we are in your position soon and I wish you and your family all the best.

Congratulations!!! wonderful news

We know exactly how you feel cos we got ours too and my head is still spinning. I kinda can't believe it. Keep checking the agents email lol!

Like you we need to sell up in a very poor market!

Best of luck with the next bit of your journey. Hopefully we will see you in Oz!

Lorraine, Ian and boys xxxx

Guest hughescl
    Hi all

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Claire :jiggy:

Guest barb

Many Congratulations,pleased to here you have your visa at last and also that you had the Champers chilled and ready,hope you didnt have a bad head like some daft lumps I know.me and he! lol. Well done.