Guest Jane

Kate and Will's Wedding

Guest Jane

Hi,

My name is Jane Whitford and I am a reporter with the Southern Times Messenger - the local newspaper based in Adelaide's southern suburbs.

I'm on the hunt for some English ex-pats who live in the southern suburbs and are doing something special to celebrate Kate and Will's wedding

Perhaps you have organised a party or tea?

If you are interested in being in a photo and a story for the paper I would love to hear from you.

Please contact me at whitfordj@mng.newsltd.com.au or phone 81869122

I look forward to hearing from you

Jane

The future King of England....and his lovely partner....soon to be wife....

HG

Sorry, to me they are HRH Prince William, and Miss Catherine Middleton.

I can't believe the press are dumbing down so much and calling them Will and Kate....:biglaugh:

Can't beleave you all think that HRH Prince William is the future King of England get it right its not England it is BRITTIN

...I can't believe the press are dumbing down so much and calling them Will and Kate....

Yeah well, that's the standard of today's journos unfortunately.

Hi,

My name is Jane Whitford and I am a reporter with the Southern Times Messenger - the local newspaper based in Adelaide's southern suburbs.

I'm on the hunt for some English ex-pats who live in the southern suburbs and are doing something special to celebrate Kate and Will's wedding

If you are interested in being in a photo and a story for the paper I would love to hear from you.

Jane

Well, I will be going to work as we don't get a day off for it like the UK. Its just not on!!

Guest moonraker1959

HG:What parts of GB are'nt so great,can you please specify???

Guest helene73

No one here in the UK gives a stuff about Kate and Will's wedding but then again we do get a day off :) down to the pub me thinks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest moonraker1959
    No one here in the UK gives a stuff about Kate and Will's wedding but then again we do get a day off :) down to the pub me thinks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with you there!No one I know has even mentioned it!:biglaugh:Unfortunately I don't get a day off!

Well ....when Charles n Di were getting married, many peeps here had parties n dressed up n stuff while they watched it on t' telly. It was on in the evening here and yes they were talked about as Charles n Di..... Similarly when Di died, the Advertiser ran with the story in the front few pages for about two weeks and I can't remember what finally knocked it off.....Adelaide habours many low level royalists and they only show their colours at events like these.

In London the tourist tat shops are brimming with tea towels n mugs etc. and there were no Diana postcards to be seen when i was there in Feb....unlike 2 years ago :D

Guest garlic--bread

I have to work here in blighty that day but we have kindly been given an extra days holiday whoopee-do indeed! :D

Im Heading Back to the Uk tomorrow as I have a wedding invite!!

(Jen & Ben's not Will & Kates!!) so I'll be there having a day off like the rest of the UK!

I mite but some cheap mugs etc & sell them on ebay when get back!! lol

Guest Nick11

Might crack open a bottle of bubbly...any excuse to celebrate!!!!

Seriously though..the U.K is in deep deep recession...many people are struggling financially...and it is the tax payer who will have to fork out for the massive security operation that surrounds it!!!!

Viva la republique!!!!!!

HG:What parts of GB are'nt so great,can you please specify???

The bits we see and hear about from friends and family back there in the UK...not naming ands shaming....

The bits where born and bred are treated like second class citizens...not going any further as dnt want it to turn into some sort of school yard fight....:policeman:

We currently have the MIl over there, and she cannot belive how much things have changed and gone downhill...her words not mine might i add...

HG

I'm having a Royal Wedding Watch Party. My mum has posted all the decorations over! We are doing all English food and drinks, it's going to be a hoot! :goofy:

Hi,

Jane

Guest moonraker1959
    The bits we see and hear about from friends and family back there in the UK...not naming ands shaming....

The bits where born and bred are treated like second class citizens...not going any further as dnt want it to turn into some sort of school yard fight....:policeman:

We currently have the MIl over there, and she cannot belive how much things have changed and gone downhill...her words not mine might i add...

HG

Oh dear!Sounds like you're from a third world country!:biglaugh:Glad where I live is'nt like that!:cute: