Guest JayandEm

Royal Mail

Guest JayandEm

Hi ya

I posted my supporting documents for State Sponsorship to Adelaide on 19 March and they still haven't arrived. I sent them by "international signed for" and Royal Mail have just told me that if they don't arrive in 3 weeks, I can safely assumed they've been lost on route!! Anyone else sent anything this way and how long did it take for your documents to arrive?

Thanks

Emma

Guest Opportunities

Emma,

You have obviously applied online as well? Contact SA Immigration and enquire what will happen if you should send the hard copy by courier and they receive another copy by mail?Although you have send your hard copy with royal mail and not quite sure when it will arrive, I would almost suggest sending another set of docs with a courier. I know it is costly, but so worth it. The SS Applications is estimated at 8-9 weeks which takes one to the first week in June 2011 for approval. That leaves you with 3 weeks to submit your actual visa application to DIAC.

The downside being, if you wait for royal mail and it takes another week or two, adding the time line for SS, then you will be in the third week of June 2011. How are the prospects looking for you with the new changes re 1st July 2011? If it is not a problem re the points system, then you can take your time and allow royal mail to deliver.

Hope I don't add to your frustration!

Good luck!

Karen

x

Guest vicky_1970

I used them for my skills assessment and wished I hadn't as it delayed it all by two weeks - would def use courier next time. Prob won't meet the deadlines now too !!

Guest Matt & Suzi

We sent our vetassess docs off middle of Jan and waited patiently for 9 weeks and then rang to see if everything was ok, they said just waiting for you to send your docs. good old royal mail, even more annoying was the horrible rude man in our local post office told us we couldn't do signed delivery to Australia so we just posted it with stamps via the post office. We have had to re-send everything, this time we used another post office who have done it recorded delivery, that was about 10 days ago, its still not arrived at vetassess.

Hi Guys, dont send via royal mail. As soon as they leave the uk you cannot track them.

If you use DHL or other couriers you can track them all of the way and see who has signed for them.

Guest sunnydays

Hi

We sent our documents over to our agent via Royal Mail International signed for with an estimated delivery time of 7 - 10 days (working days). I checked after 10 days and they still had not arrived, when I called Royal Mail they said there was a back log at the Australia end and I should add a further 10 days to the estimated delivery time. :eek: Our documents actually arrived 3 days later so we were lucky. :jiggy:

I must admit I don't think I would use them again, I think it will be a courier if any further documents are requested!

Guest BigSmiles

Hi,

we have been sending stuff, and receiving letters to and from Engineers Australia. Each time the letter has taken 5 days to get there, and four days to reach us from them. Three weeks is a ridiculous amount of time! I know it's not that expensive to send a letter, but you surely expect a better service than that!

Don't they realise that our lives are in their hands :(

Guest leeannekays

Hi, we sent our SS docs by signed for Royal Mail, sent on 25th March and rec 5th April 2011.

Guest JayandEm
    Hi ya

I posted my supporting documents for State Sponsorship to Adelaide on 19 March and they still haven't arrived. I sent them by "international signed for" and Royal Mail have just told me that if they don't arrive in 3 weeks, I can safely assumed they've been lost on route!! Anyone else sent anything this way and how long did it take for your documents to arrive?

Thanks

Emma

Thanks for all your replies. I checked the SS tracker this morning and the documents have now been received. Phew!!!!!!