Sign in to follow this  
Guest STINKY FEET

FRUSTRATION SETTING IN

Guest STINKY FEET

Hi ! New to this forum, this is my first posting. We are a family of 3 husband (panel beater) me (civil servant) and daughter aged 10.

We have our visas and need to be in Oz by 1st August. We can't wait. We were going to Perth but feel we now can't afford to buy out there. We have decided on Adelaide area as house prices seem more affordable and I read that education is excellent and lifestyle affordable.

Getting frustrated as our house has been on the market for nearly 4 months and hasn't sold. Feel like we are in limbo and can't make any plans. Our daughter is geting unsettled at school and we are all a bit grumpy :(

Can anyone out there please advise us on whether Morphett Vale or Aberfoyle Park are good places to live. Also my daughter does dancing are there any local classes? I will be needing a part time job in Oz I can't work for the government as I do here as I would need to be a citizen first. How hard is it to find work? I'm not really fussy about the type of job

I do.

So close and yet so far :!: :!: :!:

Guest chippie74

why would you wanna leave oldham?? im from ashton people ask me the same!! :D ..good luck on selling your house!!!. im in the same limbo as you im all for perth but my missus is into adelaide. i have been to both places and like them both!!

Guest graandjac

All that I can contribute is that through doing our research and everyone's help on this forum :D, Adelaide is where we will hopefully be. Education fab, housing cheaper.......at least you've got your visa! We were looking at Perth but scorchio weather = grumpy kids! Adelaide is a bit cooler (in more sense than one.)

If all goes well, we will be taking a month off to explore and get the feel of as much as we can!

Good luck with the sale and as a family it doesn't matter where you go it's what you do with it :lol:. Happy hunting.

Gra, Jac, Holly 9 and Owen 8 x

Guest STINKY FEET

Thanks for the speedy replies. I will have a read through the posts on this site and pick up some tips.

I have registered my daughter today so she should be able to post her own messages soon. Hope that helps her feel better.

Clare :)

Hi Clare

Welcome to the site.

Can really understand your frustration - having that visa and not being able to go straight away, however, 4 months in housing terms, isnt that long and Im sure once spring comes the housing market will pick up. It took us 5 months to sell ours - at the time, you think know one will ever buy it - but it really just take that one person to fall in love with it.

Ive been to Perth and it really is beautiful, but in terms of lifestyle we too think Adelaide is better for us - we'll definitely be able to afford a larger house and better standard of living there.

I have 2 daughters, Phoebe who is 7 and Molly who is 10 in May - Molly is into dancing (ballet and tap) She has just started to look at the kids section here, but will be using my username.

Speak soon

sarahx

Guest Guest75
    Hi ! New to this forum, this is my first posting. We are a family of 3 husband (panel beater) me (civil servant) and daughter aged 10.

We have our visas and need to be in Oz by 1st August. We can't wait. We were going to Perth but feel we now can't afford to buy out there. We have decided on Adelaide area as house prices seem more affordable and I read that education is excellent and lifestyle affordable.

Getting frustrated as our house has been on the market for nearly 4 months and hasn't sold. Feel like we are in limbo and can't make any plans. Our daughter is geting unsettled at school and we are all a bit grumpy :(

Can anyone out there please advise us on whether Morphett Vale or Aberfoyle Park are good places to live. Also my daughter does dancing are there any local classes? I will be needing a part time job in Oz I can't work for the government as I do here as I would need to be a citizen first. How hard is it to find work? I'm not really fussy about the type of job

I do.

So close and yet so far :!: :!: :!:

Welcome!

The "Limbo" bit is Orrible!!

We have lived here in Adelaide nearly seven years and love!

Adelaide can be all things to all people.We love the relaxed style and family orientated life.

Social lives can be built through your kids - meeting parents.

The house sale can be very frustrating - sooo much slower than here!

There are plenty of dancing schools here.

In the Southern areas there are still affordable houses.I live in the Hills above Morphett Vale.(Onkaparinga Hills)It is a fair place to live and if you look closely there are some nice streets.Look at the surrounding areas as well. Including Woodcroft,Happy Valley,Aberfoyle Park.Also Hallett Cove,Moana and Seaford.